Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Thermaltake Xaser III

I got one of these, I love it a lot, looks real sleak. Anyways, the one problem I'm having with it is that my Sound Blaster Audigy 2 and Radeon 9600 XT won't fit securely into their pci slots. I just have them stuck in there, but those little cilps won't hold them in place. Anyone mod this to make it work? Thanks

The expansion slots in these UNEEC cases are a bit narrow for most dual monitor capable video cards and even though I havn't played with the Sound Blaster Audigy 2 it likely has the same prob but it's easily fixed.
    Strip everything out of the case and with a round file file out the slots in the case and then remove all the filings (these filings can destroy PC parts). I've attached a pic of a UNEEC case that I've recently modded for a video card.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe89
    I got one of these, I love it a lot, looks real sleak. Anyways, the one problem I'm having with it is that my Sound Blaster Audigy 2 and Radeon 9600 XT won't fit securely into their pci slots. I just have them stuck in there, but those little cilps won't hold them in place. Anyone mod this to make it work? Thanks
    Try loosening the motherboard screws about one turn, so it has some "play." Then push the cards in. Don't be afraid, they'll fit. First on one end, then the other sometimes helps. Remember to retighten the mobo screws.
    :-(

my codegen case is like that with the quick release clips....i had to trim them down and they lock now....

Thread Information