Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Question about precise side cutting

Default Question about precise side cutting

So i designed this absolutely wicked side cutout, right? I mean, it was the Jesus Christ of case mods. All would bow before it! Until I realized my cutting skillz sucked Bawls. Well up until now, using a simple w.saw worked great. But I need to know how to measure and cut out with extreme precision. Within hundredths of an inch. And I need to do it cheaper than the $30k laser I was looking at. Any suggestions?

Default Re: Question about precise side cutting

I just deleted all those posts, and wesley, this is your warning, any more crap from you and you will be banned. I also deleted your racist thread. things of that type will not be tolerated here at all.

oooooo wesley got in tru-bulllllllllllllll (mom's goin to killll you)
    Case: Thermaltake Xaser III // Power Supply: Thermaltake Butterfly 480w // Motherboard: Chaintech 9CJS Zenith // Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2.4 C // Heatsink: Vantec Aeroflow // Video Card: Asus 9600 XT // Harddrive: Western Digital Raptor 36.7 GB // DVD Burner: Pioneer DVR-A06 // Soundcard: Audigy 2 // Speakers: Logitech Z-680's

Not sure what you said....but you need a precision mill. I used to work on a CNC(computer controlled) but the manual ones are just as precise. I have seen a few smaller NON precision going for a little over 1k.

This would only be good for straight cuts, any curves that need perfection would have to be done with a CNC mill which would probably bust the bank.
    Or you can call around some machine shops and ask if they can do what you need for a fee.

Quote Originally Posted by matm347
    Not sure what you said....but you need a precision mill. I used to work on a CNC(computer controlled) but the manual ones are just as precise. I have seen a few smaller NON precision going for a little over 1k.
    A steady hand and a jigsaw with a metal blade is all you should need.

I'm a CNC programer and do cut cases for myself, although it would be pretty pricey to have done. I suggest if your going to take that route, design and/or model it in a format that the machine shop can read with their CADCAM software. It will greatly reduce the cost as they will not have to re-design it all. Also try to get someone that has a waterjet machine as the setup and run time will be much less. A mill will have alot of tool presure that may deform some of the more intricate designs, whereas a waterjet should not deform them at all.
    Last edited by Sinnister; 01-04-2005 at 01:13 PM.

Thread Information