Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would like sides for Case

Talking Would like sides for Case

Im not really all that great with removing all the hardware and everything and switching it into another case so does anyone know where i can just get the cover to switch out? (preferably clear sides) I just want to take off my side pannels and replace them if possible. I asked gateway and they told me they didnt make any custom covers.

Thanks

Gateway 510XL
    Pentium 4 - HT
    Geforce 6800 GT 256 MB AGP8x
    512MB DDR400 PC3200

Default Re: Would like sides for Case

Simple, make your own dude.

Actualy i decided to go ahead and try and do this my self i went and got some plexiglass, Goop contact sealant and adhesive(clear), a jig saw and some bi-metal blades. I have a ? about the finsihed product tho. I plan on attatching the glass on the inside of the case so you will be able to see the final cut perfectly. Does anyone have any idea of what I could use to trim out around the edges? Also I saw another site that said you could use a jig or a dremel but I would like to get an opinion on using the jig vs dremel if possible.

thanks

A jig or sabre saw will leave rough edges, which much be ground or sanded down.
    I've used a sabre saw, then used a grinding wheel on a dremel to smooth things out before painting.
    AMD XP 2600+
    SOYO Dragon 400
    1 gig 3200 DDR
    Phillips CD/RW
    Pioneer DVD -/+ RW
    2-60 gig HD in RAID, 1 60 gig backup
    XP Pro

Alright thanks for the info. Ill probaly go out and buy a attachment for my drill with a grinding wheel on it if it gets too ruff. I found window moldings at frozencpu.com if that helps anyone. I will post pics when im done...wish me luck

1 More ?. Does anyone know if its ok to use a holesaw on the plexiglass or would i need to use a router? I plan on putting a fan or 2 in my window to add to my 3 existing.

Yes you can use a holesaw but like any other cutting device used on plexiglass it must be used at a very slow speed or you'll start to melt to the plexiglass instead of cutting it.

roger that thanks ill probaly start modding my case sometime this weekend.

I was going to suggest the moldings from frozencpu, I used them on my reservoir(120mm hole) and it is very clean looking.

I have a question about putting the molding on the window. Does it go on before the plexiglass inside the hole I cut or does it go on after the plexiglass just around the hole and the glass?
    Last edited by Gook_Killer; 04-13-2005 at 10:52 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information