Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Case Mod

What bit are you using?
    I find the cut-off wheels do a great job making holes. Be sure to use some goggles, if you let the wheel jump a bit or get it crooked they tend to fly apart. But they are quite inexpensive and do a fast job of cutting. After that a grinding bit will finish what little is left and smooth rough edges.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

I bought a kit bascailly. I need to get some better cutting blades. I'll look at the cutting wheels. I am having a little trouble cutting with what I have right now.

Thanks,
    Mark

:o
    Windows XP Pro
    P3V4X Asus Motherboard
    Pentium III 866 slot 1 @ 1.2
    ATI 9000 Pro
    1 Gig 150mhz SDRAM
    ATA100 40 gig IBM
    ATA100 Maxtor Ultra Control Card
    MX400 Monster Sound Card
    V.92 Modem
    3 Comm Network Card
    48x24x48 CDRW Rom
    52x Asus CD Rom
    16X DVD Rom

Those flat abrasive discs don't look impressive, but they'll cut a case in no time at all with a bit of practice. (Metal ones anyway, I haven't tried aluminum.)
    Have to hold the tool very steady, and wear eye protection. These rascals cut, but they won't take any twisting. You can get a pack of 20 or so for a few dollars, so if you break one no big deal.
    Be patient, and don't force the bit too much through the material. Once your through, you just feed it steady.
    Actually, there is very little in the way of burrs and such when you get done, I usually drag a fine file across the edges and done:thumb:
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

This will be alot of fun. I am modifiing a Hard drive fan into my case. This is a 3 fan combo like unit. I would like to put a fan on the backside of my motherboard.

So I just need to take my time cutting though the metal huh? My budget is low so I had to buy a cheaper non-name brand dremel tool. It's having a hard time cutting though the metal. I am cutting 3 small circles to go with my HD cooler.

Thank you for the help.

Mark
    Windows XP Pro
    P3V4X Asus Motherboard
    Pentium III 866 slot 1 @ 1.2
    ATI 9000 Pro
    1 Gig 150mhz SDRAM
    ATA100 40 gig IBM
    ATA100 Maxtor Ultra Control Card
    MX400 Monster Sound Card
    V.92 Modem
    3 Comm Network Card