Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: how to cut your case for a Window Kit

ok i just order my Acrylic Window Kit from PC Modifications (https://www.pcmods.com/details.asp?ProdID=442) i an look see how do i cut my case to get this Window kit put in.. i was think to goto HOME DEPOT to see if they can cut it for me. i want to know, how you guy get your case cut???:rolleyes2 :rolleyes2

Myself I'd pull out my trusty jigsaw and file but others would go for their Dremels plus theres probably the odd few that would grab an Oxy, chainsaw or angle grinder (personally I'd leave the last 3 well alone). Some others though would probably feel safer to take the side panel and window kit down to their local metalwork factory and have it done there by professionals.
    Here's a review and "how to" for one, http://www.ocmelbourne.com/reviews/APCM-window/ :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

hey Wiggo thx. can i see your case and how long did it take u to do your....

Well if I had a pic of it you'd only see a few fan holes in the side, sorry no window here. :(
    <center>:cheers:</center>

nice............I just cut my case today as a matter a fact....I used a Dremel tool and the piece that was used was the black round one its a cut off wheel its 1 and a 1/4 inch diametor and its fiber glass reinforced.....basically just put it up at max RPM I did 30,000 RPM was the max for me......and just let the wheel slide....if you apply to much pressure the wheel can actually melt away (twice for me) you would smell a burning smell thats the smell of the paint on your case. Go into the rotation of the wheel go with the flow don't fight it or you won't get a clean cut cause it will bounce...once you have your whole cut use the grinding stone to smooth off all the handing pieces of metal so you don't severely cut yourself then use the wire tool to polish it and make it smooth apply your window and boom I wish I had pictures of while I was cutting but I don't..........sorry I do have pictures of my finished and the before if you want them.........good luck with your cutting........there were alot of sparks for me so that was fun =)

well i marked mine out then cut out the corners with a hole saw, and cut the rest with a jigsaw.
    the hole saw had 2 uses; 1-Starting spot for the jigsaw, 2-cutout part of the corner for me.
    just be very careful with my hole saw method, i checked mesurements a no. of times first and purposly cut i a little bit.

hope this helps:thumb:
    Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1662Mhz | Volcano 7+ HSF | Soltek SL-75DRV5 | 256MB Corsair XMS-3000 DDR RAM | 44x44x24 Yamaha CDR-W F1 | 16x Liteon DVD | 40Gig 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda | 20Gig 5400rpm Seagate | GeForce2 MX-400 | SB Live! | RTL8139A NIC | RTL8139B NIC | 12 Fans | 1 x ss Blue cc | 2 x Red Neons | 450W Codgen PSU | Logitech Z-340 2.1 Sub and sats | 17" Osborune Monitor | Win XP Pro | M$ explorer rat and keyboard | Everglide Attack Optical

ok ReSpAwN DeMoN thx alot can u sent pic of it : peace2:

I can understand it's a bit nerve-wracking to see your beloved system go under the knife, especially the first time.

But it's all for a good cause ruff97 -- kind of like breast augmentation for your PC, scary but just think of the end result

Just have a good plan and a steady hand .....measure twice, cut once.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

here you go.......ya I agree with Mr. C on that one.....I didn't want to cut my poor side ppanel and then risk screwing something up and having to get a new one but its all good check these pics out

RD the Dremel you got is a non-battery one right..cuaz i think that the only one that hits 30,000 RPM...

Can you imagine a CPU fan that fast 30,000 RPMS...it would be called the Thermal Take Volcan0,Tornado/Earthquake/Thunder/Hurricane Monster 30x7+

Ahhh the possibilities....:geek:
    - Damien

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information