Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New case

Alright guys I'm finally done to buying the last piece of my new system........the case. I don't plan on overclocking or modding, so I just need a good inexpensive case. I have it narrowed down to three choices. All of them are under $60 with power supply.

The first is a generic case at : Case pic It's a little long for me (have to cram it in a tiny dorm room. A little over 2 inches loner than the other two), but it allows me to plug my monitor into my power supply (what i'm used to doing with all of my pre bought comuters. 1st time actually building one)

The other two are Enermax cases.

The first is: Enermax, CS-003-A102USB+EG301P-VB, 2-Tone, 10-Bay, with 2 USB ports, 300W PS, P4, MID Tower Case. ATX. 4 X 5.25" BAYS, 2 X 3.5" BAYS, 4 X 3.5" HIDDEN. 1x Top Fan, 1x Side Fan. Space for 1 120mm or 90mm fan in front of the 4 hard drive bays. Enermax EG301P-VB (AMD Recommended power supply.) power supply. Dimensions: (DxWxH) 440 x 220 x 430 mm. Model#: CS-003-A102USB Pics

The second is: Enermax, FS-501WW3. White with Blue highlights, 10-Bay, 2 Fans( 1 x top, 1 x side). 2 x USB, 1 x MIC, 1 x headphone ports at front. POWERUP 300W P-4 power supply, Mid ATX Tower Case ATX. 4 X 5.25" Bays(Bezels can be slide up or down according to user's configuration), 2 X 3.5" Bays, 4 X 3.5" Hidden. Dimensions: 435 x 200 x 425mm. Model#: CS-501WW3.
    pics

The only difference is, I like the look of the 2nd better, but the first comes with a enermax powersupply. Neither lets me plug my monitor in them. BUT they both come with a side fan and top fan, and have spots for one intake and two exhaust fans.

What do you guys think? Does anyone know hwere i can buy the enermax case in the States without a power supply, so i can buy one that i can plug my monitor into (or would you not recommend doing that:confused: ) Or anyother good inexpensive cases (same price range) will do.

Thanks Guys! :cheers:

Here's the system: p4 2.4 (533mhz edition). Epox 4g4a motherboard. 512mb ddr2700. Western Digital 120GB 7200 edition. Sound Blaster Audigy Game sound card. Ati 8500 128mb ddr. D-Link ethernet card. Litec 40x burner. Litec 16x dvd rom drive. Normal run of the mill disk drive. Not sure what monitor yet (okay so i have one thing left, but it will be a lcd screen :smokin: )

Actually case 2 looks to have the better airflow potential. ;)

I would go with case one myself, it looks beautiful, easily one of the best cases i have seen ......... !!!!

But Case 2 would as wiggo said have far better air flow which is always a good thing

I think many of us here agree, 'Chieftec' makes some of the best cases there are... and here is their official US re-tailer.

http://www.directron.com/chieftec.html

Oh dear when will ppl learn that those cases are actually made by Chenming "UNEEC" and sold under various other names by different companies. :rolleyes2
    <center>:cheers:</center>

anyone know who the UK retaliers are ??????????

If ya talkin' about the Chenming "UNEEC" clone cases then here does, Kustom PCs ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Cheers Wiggo, yet again you know the answer :thumb:

:snip: :shoot2:

Only cause I know a UK site with a link. ;)

never the less, still know

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information