Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beige Hornet

The reason that TLC and the History Channel can have that much quality programming with no repeats is because of the cost of making documentaries.

My friend Chris goes to film school at the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee and I was recently at his 21st birthday party. The film students I talked to were saying that documentaries are incredibly easy to make in comparison to a feature film. The documentaries on the History channel are particularly easy.

First of all, you can make the whole thing on video, rather than 35mm film, since it will be appearing on TV and not projected on a screen that needs a good projectable image. Film is incredibly expensive, so the documentarians are cutting huge costs there.

Also, most of the History channel documentaries are addressing different specifics in World War II or other very reported events. They use a lot of stock footage which is often times free to use. The only costs of the film are the interviews, which are paid in hundreds or thousands instead of millions of dollars; the research, which most researchers are simply glad to see getting some recognition; and the narration, which is done by out of work actors anyway.

Most film students there plan on doing documentaries as an attempt to break into the feature film business. They may cost thousands of dollars to make, instead of millions. The History Channel simply buys them up and slaps them into a program line up. There are plenty of these documentaries just waiting to be bought.
    <Font size=2>"The demand to restrict technology is the demand to restrict man's mind" -- Ayn Rand
    <a style="text-decoration: none" href="http://www.whiteglovecollection.com/cord">
    <font color=blue><font face="Century Gothic" size="6">My Web Site</a></font>

:snip: Are you trying to say that all beige cases look the same to tweakers because tweakers have a damaged nerve in our brain that keeps us from distinguishing one beige case from another?

i just installed a window kit and a few case fans.

Coming along quite nice :D

Power tools + PC case.......sounds like you had a nice weekend!
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

:) How about a pic? :)

working on it

Quote Originally Posted by Slamo
    working on it
    Did you trade your digicam for a Dremel?
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

nah, used a jigsaw. You can afford to **** up with windows molding :D

I reckon a jigsaw is the best way. ;)

:cool: We're still waiting for the pic. :cool:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information