Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does Your Mid-Tower Rule?

What is the model of your case? Believe it or not, I can get any case that was ever made... used... ebay is an incredible thing.

So what model was it, and do you have a picture? Tell me the reasons why I might want to get your case.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Well I'm not sure about the model number but it is called the Wind Tunnel Plus rev2 as stated in my profile. Not the wind tunnel plus but the wind tunnel plus rev2. The standard wind tunnel plus was a self build kit. Anyway in terms of options its probably a standard case I can't think of anything that would make it any better or worse then any other case. In terms of looks. They have the nicest looks I've ever seen. You also get good cooling as a bonus. When you don't have a delta black label in there, its not really that loud. I bought my case from coolerguys.com for like 120 and the power supply (fortron source) for 55 but this was about one year ago. The fans in the case are as follows. One 80MM exaust fan on top, one 80MM exaust fan in the back below the PSU, dual 92MM intake fans on the side panel, one 80MM intake fan in the bottom front, and dual 35MM intake fans for the hard drive.

That Antec case looks alot like mine...two 80mm in the front and two on the back...4 5.25 and 2 external 3.5 and 4 3.5 internal. They have one at newegg for 70 bucks, black or white...with a 420 Turbo Link PSU. Don't think the white is in stock.
    - Damien

What model is that Flaco?

Is there a version of that model without a door? And does it have any accessory connections on the front?
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Flaco,

Your case is refered to by many names. It is called a Chenming, Chieftec, Antec, etc etc

They are the best cases I have seen lately. The are solid, very thick gauge metal. They have adequate fans, and I have seen them with really cool windows mods etc.

If anyone knows where I can find one of these Chenming clones that is a full tower with no door and is black in color, I would be forever in debt to your web surfing excellence.

**Alienware is also using this case model**
    <Font size=2>"The demand to restrict technology is the demand to restrict man's mind" -- Ayn Rand
    <a style="text-decoration: none" href="http://www.whiteglovecollection.com/cord">
    <font color=blue><font face="Century Gothic" size="6">My Web Site</a></font>

Try here as they seem to have most of the versions of those cases, http://www.directron.com/cases---case-fans.html , with differing front panels. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

The model of that case is CHIEFTEC Server Chasis (Workstation Tower) Model DX-01BD-420W. I suppose the case alone would be minus the 420W part of the model number. As for one without a door i haven't seen one at least at newegg. You can always remove the door it really simple...just like removing an empty toliet paper roll. By accessory connections, you mean HDD light and power LED? If so then yes, its all there with all your screws and screwless/slide-in cd-rom installation. Corduroy was right when he mentioned the metal has a thick guage, it gave me some trouble when making a mod.

The side panel does not have any blowholes or anything like...i don't know if you were looking for a case with that. They do sell that case with one blow hole, but i decided to go with the one without it, since my intentions were to mod two on there anyways.

Take Care...: peace2:
    - Damien

Ok, Thanks for the thorough reponse.

I know the door can be removed, i just like the sleek sexy look of no door, all the time. Plus the only time I would actually want a door is when I am carrying it, which isn't that often... And I hate how the drive bays look with the 'finger access' holes on the left and right of the drives.

Ok, by accessory attachments, I mean USB, and Firewire, (possibly audio?)

I am not interested in manufactured blowholes either, I like my own positioning.

Sorry for the late response. The answer is no...it has no connections of that sort. Its very simple front with the ripple like this ((((((( that comes in front of the case which are the vents for both of your front intake fans. So it won't be your case if thats what you are looking for. I know it makes for easier connection especially, memory stick hubs, game controllers, etc...: peace2:
    - Damien

Ok, well thanks for everyone's help in this thread... Here is what I decided on... (See bottom pic)

See the 8 page review HERE (lotsa pics)

And I got my very own Here: (compare with newegg for 135$ shipped)
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...041738386&rd=1
    This seller doesn't quite have as good of feedback as I usually prefer buying from, but I emailed 6 people who also bought this case from him, and 5 of them were very happy with what they got, and one said his was missing two drive rails, but the seller did send to additional drive rails at no extra cost.

Here are the Unique features of the case:

Large Removable fan filter
    Front USB/Firewire ports (behind flip up door)
    Comes with a pair of 80mm fans
    330watt PSU included which has special fan plugs to allow the PSU to speed up the fans or slow them down automatically.
    Extra LEDs on front (4 Total)
    Incredibly sturdy

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information