Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does Your Mid-Tower Rule?

Here is the pic that didn't get uploaded last time
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

ZeraduL i am as conviced as you are. This case has all you want: room, strength, and good looks. Its not too out of this world "spacey" looking. Str8 to the point looks with useful connections and a good amount of cooling.

Hope it goes well with the eBay: peace2:
    - Damien

It will, the case was shipped 10 hours after I bid, and I have the tracking number. Its already 30% of the way here (2500 miles) (after a day and a half)

ALOT of people have a wierd ebay phobia. Don't listen to them. If you take the time to understand how ebay works, and choose every seller carefully, eBay will be a wonderfully inexpensive experience. And here is another myth; everything on ebay is used. Not true. Depending on the category, 30 - 80% of the items are brand new. And so if you want only new stuff, there is PLENTY to choose from.

The only thing you have to fear on ebay is your own Ignorance to how the system works. eBay has a flawless system going.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Good for you ZeRaDuL.:thumb:

My friend and i have ordered comic books from users on ebay...and lemme tell with just few just a few exceptions they come in mint condition. There was one instance where the seller delieverd the comic witha small dent on the corner...we emailed him and he emailed us w/ a response and told us to send it back. It was prolly Priority's mail fault but i was not content with it. So with out a problem we sent it back.
    - Damien

Only 1 choice from me Antec SX1240 All the drive bays you could ever want , enough fan mounts to make it hover above the floor , and big enough to do what ever modding you want to do

My next case, Antec PLUS1080AMG, approxiately $250aus. ;)

Well, My case arrived Wed. afternoon. And it rules.

Every aspect is the utmost of quality, except for one problem not mentioned (or even noticed?) by any reviewer.

The filter is an absolute joke. A filter is only effective if the air you are filtering goes THROUGH the filter!. And NO attempt was made to make a seal, so there is a 5mm gap around the filter in every direction. Even if the filter is PERFECTLY clean, I estimate only 60% of the air goes through it, and if the filter becomes even partially blocked, the air can EASILY go around the filter. :thumbs do :thumbs do Left as it is, the filter blocks nothing but giant dust bunnies that have already formed on your floor.

Not to mention, the filter isn't exactly 'good' filter material. Its not horrible, but not even 20% as good as a thin 'foam' filter. BUT, even with the compromised filter material, it still would be 'decent' had there been an attempt at designing a seal around the filter. And it would NOT have been difficult.

It has already become my first mod, and after about 45 minutes with some careful hot glue, and pipe cleaners, I will have a decent seal around the filter. BUT this could have been done by an intelligent case designer in 2 minutes, with no added cost or difficulty in the production of the case.

Its still a great case, but I didn't pay for the best case money can buy to have to mod one of the features it sold me on.

Can you seal the gap around the filter? What color are you going to paint your beast?

It has already become my first mod, and after about 45 minutes with some careful hot glue, and pipe cleaners, I will have a decent seal around the filter.
    Thats what I plan to use....

After some more thought, I have decided to use some thin foam weather stripping. Which will work much better than my previous idea...

:thumb: :thumb:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information