Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does Your Mid-Tower Rule?

Well, if it does, or even if it only has a unique aspect or two that you enjoy, PLEASE tell me about it! I am in the market for one in the very near future, and I am looking for suggestions.

If your case rules, include the manufacturer and model #. If you could include one picture of it, I would appreciate that as well. Then just two or three unique aspects your case has that you are glad you have, but you can describe it in as much detail as you want. Including where you purchased it from is helpful as well.

Being a Modder, My only 'factory' citeria is that it MUST have is:

* At least (3) 5.25" bays.

Other than that, I can add any other features I want on my own.

Thanks for your help.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

well a good bet is an in-win506 like i have....it looks quite nice, is sturdy, no sharp corners, cheap and is quite spacious....and also has 3 5.25" bays...unfortunately i don't know where to get a picture from....
    btw the only drawback is there;s no front fan cradle...and u can't mod a hole in teh front bcos the LED's are down there...but it looks damn sexy :D
    Epox 8RDA+
    xp2100@ 2.46ghz (214x11.5)
    Radeon 9700 pro
    512mb corsair xms3200 5-3-2-2@214
    512k ADSL
    SLK-800 HSF
    SB Audigy + Ultrasone HFI650DVD
    modded case: 2x120mm,4x80mm
    40GB Seagate Barracuda 4
    Sony trinitron 17"
    Antec Trupower 380W
    3D mark2003 : 5050

I'm a bit confused you see I'm not sure if mine is a mid tower or a full size. What is the difference? Mine has 4 5 1/4's and 1 3 1/2 external and 3 3 1/2 internal. Now what else I've seen on both is the interior and spaciuosness. My case has no room above the power supply. There for the top of the mobo kind of interferes with the 3rd 5 1/4 drive bay. I've seen cases where the drive bays are quite a bit above the mobo and there is alot of room above the PSU. Is that a server type case? What exactly is mine. A full size or mid tower. Thanks

DS Midtowers have either 3 or 4 x 5.25" bays as Fulltowers have 6 of these. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

So my case is a mid-tower? :cry:

Full size cases also have room above the PSU right?

Yes, room for a second power supply, easily.

1 + 2 (5.25" bays) = Mini Tower
    3 + 4 (5.25" bays) = Mid Tower
    6 (5.25" bays) = Full Tower

And then there are desktop cases which sit flat on the desk, and then there are a few exceptions, like giant server cases with wheels, and Cases with nothing but 12-14 SCSI CD-Rom's.

Yes, it can be very confusing when everyone tries to describe their lines as 'server cases' or 'workstations' etc etc. :thumbs do
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Remember me...zeradul...anyhow...where do you keep you Full Tower Zera?...that Shat must be big as fack...mine barely fits...and its a Mid Tower.
    - Damien

Next to my desk.

Well, I have scoured the case sites, and I am down to this one. http://www.antec-inc.com/en_plus860.html

Here is a review, with multiple pictures. Can anyone top this?
    http://www.mikhailtech.com/articles/...60/page2.shtml

I plan to have this case a long time. But you still have time to make your suggestions! Please do so!

heh well being mine is a cough:MID TOWER:cough :cry: I would recommend it to you but unfortuneatly coolerguys.com doesn't make it anymore. They don't make any of there own cases as a matter of fact. They now mod antec towers and stuff. The entire wind tunnel series was terminated unfortuneatly. The only wind tunnel left is a wind tunnel 4 (or 3) and its not even the original version! :(

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information