Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: window question

whats the prefered set up and how many fans? - ideally looks can merge with function but function comes wayyyy first - i end up pointing a fan at it and not a case fan (sigh)
    :shoot3:

This is a fartory job and its VERY well finished got it from coolpc .com.au for $60 aud. He's got a case sitting on his desk thats made entirely of 6mm perspex with water cooling and it looks fantastic!!!!!especially the resivoir full of glycol sitting on the inside case.I'll see if he can get me a pic. I think it would be fairly simple to build. I might post some tech. drawings for anyone interested.

Sounds RAD. You obviously have a few skills beyond mine if that will be a snap for you.

grad mechanical engineer for 15yrs now I sit at home and contemplate my next chalenge.
    I just got of the phone to coolpc and hes going to send me some pics. He is going to import them as well from tiawan.

You should go into the case modding/building business as I think there's a real market for clear/different cases.

this is the factory enermax window mod.

My personal thought is that the window should be smaller so as not to show the PSU and the drive cages (unless you are going to paint/mod them).

I'm thinking maybe chrome or powder coat the parts i can inside the case. These are only early days in this modding saga and those ugly wires and cables have to be sorted but i need to see what the lighting looks like before i decide on color or glow in the dark. (and I'm not talking about condoms!!)lol.

So how far ya got with that case now? :?:

Check out this page on the Antec site. It shows that they have these windows for the performance series of cases and the 660 is in that line..... though checking the sizes it seems that at this point in time anyway, you'd need to move up to the 800 or 1000 series..

http://www.antec-inc.com/pro_en_sidePanel.html

As for the side fan, the fan is PERFECTLY placed to feed a stream of cool air right at your video chip. My son has a 1040BII Antec casew/ the window and Antec TriLite (Red -Blue-Green) fan mounted in the window. Don't do much for me but he thinks it's cool.

You also might want to check out Chieftec cases. Chieftec OEM's that case to Antec , Chenming and others. I haven't seen any with a window on the mini tower though. Over at new egg, you could probably pick up a Chieftec DX case with the window and matching keyboard and mouse for almost the same as the Antec case.

Jack

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information