Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Case modding with the mobo

I want to mod my case, but dont want to take the mobo and cpu out. I am using a dremel so it sparks, could this hurt my computer in any way? I mean as long as i dont hit the mobo with the dremel or saw.

If you want to mod it then get the other stuff out or you could very well destroy it. :eek:
    It will only take one piece of metal offcut in the wrong place to short out. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

If you are determined to do this - and it's a really bad idea by the way - you can reduce the possibility of damaging anything by taping off the installed parts first, cutting your hole and then using a powerful vacuum suck out all the debris. There is no way to guarantee you won't short something out using this method.

If you have you mobo and everthing else installed...just mod your side panel with a couple of fans and you will be fine...
    - Damien

If you have a removable side panel that will work.

I'd disassemble the system. But if you insist you can use metal sheet scissors for cutting the large holes and punch the smaller ones.

Thread Information