Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: About FANBUS!

ya so fan buses should clear things up. I'm interested in building one becuase I'm tired of alll the best that I have in my window. I have a mid tower case and I inntevsted over $100USD in mods for my case. That is alot for a 17 year old without a job. Anyway my point is this.

Ya it clears things up airflow and looks wise. But what about the cables that lead up to the bus? Those still have to be organized as well. Or is that so easy that you can simply bundle them up put it in spiral wrap and make it one giant cable leading up to the bus.

i'd suggest lengthening the fan wires, and then using the extra length as to hide the wires themselves, or tucked/taped to the edge of the case, so that they cant be seen.

of course, this would need the fanbus to be in a discreet location as well.
    Moo.

And how about current? Do you really think the power supply would be cable of powering all those fans which draw all that current from one power cable? What about the heat that comes off of it?

well, so long as you dont load too many fans onto the same set of wires, i guess it should be ok. id suggest not more than maybe 4 - 6 fans, depending on the size of the fans themselves.also use at least 18awg wire for lengthening work, though some might suggest different gauge values for the wire.
    Moo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information