Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone tried the new liquid-cooled cases???

You would think the designers/makers would a produce that is suitable to antifreeze/boil, thus reducing maintenance to virtually nil, and this alteration would require little change
    again just a thougth
    Eat when you are hungry, drink when you are thirsty, sleep when you are tired and work when you have to!

I really doubt that the market would be big enough for a business to do something along those lines. :(
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Hmm watercooling,
    there are advantages over fans and there are disadvantages.
    Water will kill your mobo, but if you look on tomshardware, your fan failing will cause your heatsink to overheat and burn your CPU, which is especially worse case in AMD's chips.
    ON the other hand most tests i've seen by many people testing different WC systems shows that they will keep your CPU, Video Card and even north bridge cooler. which means nothing to Joe Nobody, but to a overclocker means running the 1800MHZ at 1950 without problems.
    If you're worried about leaks, there is one prototype out there that is made by evergreen i beleive that is totally contained, so no worries about leaking.
    Another advantage of Water cooling is the fact that you dont need a pound or so of copper hanging form your CPU which might cause your brackets to let go and thats just as bad (and just as likely) as water leaking.
    Also Redline makes something thats called Watter Wetter, its a great product, and i've seen people use it in their Watercooling systems, although its designed for cars. But it works great.
    Just look through some of the links, most places have an article or two about watercooling. And as soon as i will get a decent system, thats the route i will go.

Yes Watter Wetter is also another good alternative. :thumb:

Maintenance is the key to safety. We should pay attention to that even without watercooling.

That vaporchill system looks tough to beat for cooling but I bet it costs as much as an entire computer.

Quote Originally Posted by kane2g

If you're worried about leaks, there is one prototype out there that is made by evergreen i beleive that is totally contained, so no worries about leaking.

Well to tell you the truth, I am concerned enough about having to replace my entire system by a leak from one of these cases! I have spent a good deal of money getting my system right and can't afford to replace it just because I would buy some water cooled case meant to keep it cool and it turn out to have a leak! However.....If what you say is true and there actually IS such a case that the water cooled parts are totally self contaained from the MB....I would consider that! But that would be my ONLY choice as far as water cooled systems were concerned! There is just too much that could go wrong with a system like that to NOT take precautions! Remember...water and live computer parts DON'T MIX!!

I got watercooling, big advantage = my computer is so quiet! :D

btw im back again ppl :D

Shepps: I got watercooling, big advantage = my computer is so quiet!
    Expecially when some of the water gets on your computer and fries everything out. Then you computer will be extremely quiet! :laugh:

People, distilled water does not conduct electricity, the reason water is known for conducting electricity is when other things like chlorine or fluoride, or pretty much anny other thing out there ionizes with the water and the electrical current travels along these ions.
    Plus it really isnt advisable to use anything other than distilled water in a liquid cooled system due to the fact that bacteria and algae and other crap can build up in the tubing and heat sinks and the motor and reduce the efficiency of the cooling. Also anti-freeze isnt really advised as far as computer cooling goes unless you are storing you water in a below 0 degree celsius environment, it can get old and you have to replace the liquid, it will slow down the movement of the liquid through the system slightly causing less efficiency of your system. If you have the dough, which if done right can be fairly low cost, and can be set up to keep running after you shut you computer off (so can fans but you have to connect them to somewhere other than the mobo. And i am not anti fan either, my system is liquid cooled and can move 350 cfm of air through my case with all the fans on high.
    I hope this was a little bit informative and answered some of your questions and concerns

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information