Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Project SCORPIO!

Default Re: Project SCORPIO!

HEEEEERE WE GO!

It's running. But not complete yet. Still trying to find some Video cards to put in it, but for the most part, it's complete.

Front View. Still working on the LCD. For some reason, it comes on but I can not get Video to it. It has a RCA input, so I got a VGA to RCA adapter and plugged it into my Video card. No luck. Any ideas?

I put this gadget under the drive bays (removed some of them, I mean really, who is going to have like 6 drives?)

It's VERY handy. Has plugs for 12, 7 and 5 volts.

Incoming gratuitous Scorpio shots!

Here is the Top. I love those lights.

Here is the Blu-Ray player.

I formed the plexi door to push the center towards the spinner so it would hold the media in place. Almost looks professional ;)

Now on to the left door...

I circled the part I don't like and in the process of fixing. I used a 90 degree elbow and had to use clamps. Working with 1/2 inch tubing is HORRIBLE. I don't recommend it. Stick with 3/8. EKWB really came to the rescue here.

That Fan from MNPCTECH is flat out awesome. It really makes that left side shine. Thanks again Bill.

Little more complete right side shot.

Another huge hanks to Kingston. These SSD's are so amazingly fast. I have them in Raid 0.

Here is some interior shots. Danger Den provided the CPU block, Chipset Block (which might not make it on it, no room) and the Black Ice 120 Radiator (you guys will see reviews of these soon.)

So there you have it, in running condition. Here is my To Do list.
    Fix the fitting on left door aka HIDE THEM.
    Add the infrared lighting.
    erm.. umm install a Power and reset switch :)
    Replace that video card with 2 or 3 others. Maybe replace the motherboard for a z68.
    Replace the fluid with Mahems Aurora Blue
    Fix or replace the LCD.

On a side note, The TechFlex sleeving I put on isn't the best. It's very stiff and VERY thick. If you sleeve your cables with PET make sure you accommodate for the extra thicknesses. It's ridiculous. Also don't skimp on the quality like I did. It made my job so much harder trying to bend that stuff that it came out crappy.
    We're currently working with some manufacturers on providing you guys with some reviews of better and alternative sleeving products.
    Thanks a ton guys, I appreciate any feedback you can offer. Talk to you again soon when I have some of the list done.

Robert
    http://www.deviceunknown.com

dJabba is offline Member

looks really cool, Impressed. About the TFT, I was afraid of just the same trouble and went with a faytech 7" touchscreen instead. (cost about the same as a 23" normal tft though, lol). It operates on 12V (also usable in cars) so the adaption to internal PSU is relative simple
    My advice - never visit a short-url, no matter who gives it to you. You can't trust any source at any time when you don't know your target
    Whitey: ROG Crosshair V Formula/Thunderbolt, AMD 1090T @ 3.2GHz w. NZXT Havic 140, Corsair XMS3 1333 8GB kit, HIS IceQ X HD 6870, Corsair Force GT 120GB, OCZ Vertex4 256GB, Kingston SSDNow 16GB, Samsung 500GB 3" in casedock when needed, Chieftec Nitro88+ 650W, NZXT H2 White, 3x Asus VS248 24"
    Snuggles: Zotac Zbox HD-ID40 (Atom d525, worst purchase ever on cpu), Patriot Pyro 60GB (Thanks to Tweaktown Giveaway), 4GB 800' DDR2 SO-DIMM
    Bcube (NAS): ASUS F1A75-I Deluxe, AMD A6-3500 @ 2.1GHz, LSI 9240-8i (M1015) controller, GSkill Ares 1866 8GB blue kit, 4x Seagate SV35.5 2TB, 1x Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB, 1x Samsung HD103UJ, 1x Samsung F4 2TB, Temp. Rebel9 Alu case, Corsair H60, 2x Icy Dock MB973SP-B, NZXT UI01, Enermax T.B. Silence on docks and cpu, Aurum 500W gold PSU. (Draws 65W average, doesn't peak above 100W at any time)

Quote Originally Posted by dJabba View Post
    looks really cool, Impressed. About the TFT, I was afraid of just the same trouble and went with a faytech 7" touchscreen instead. (cost about the same as a 23" normal tft though, lol). It operates on 12V (also usable in cars) so the adaption to internal PSU is relative simple
    This LCD was one of those headrest LCD's. So I am not sure WHY it isn't working. It uses a standard RCA out. 12V DC plug. Not sure if my adapter is bad or what. I don't have anything in the house with a friggin RCA video OUT lol. I'm pretty sure it's a good monitor. I wonder if there is a BIOS setting or something.
    I tried removing the other monitor and booting, still nothing.
    If i have to replace it I will go with a 7" USB monitor.

Hey Guys,
    so sorry about the photobucket issues. We have since moved all the photos to our server.
    If you wish to see past photos you can view the full worklog here Device Unknown • View topic - Project: SCORPIO!

Future updates may or may not be posted anywhere else.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information