Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Build Log: CaseLabs Magnum M8.....

Pwnography6 is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Build Log: CaseLabs Magnum M8.....

Top Up order from CaseLabs arrived yesterday, slowly replacing all the standard "Solid" style covers that the Magnum 8 arrived with. So far I have switched the top PSU cover over, aswell as adding a 120x 2 Radiator mount in the front left bay to make it match the right side a bit better.

More Box Love

New PSU Vent

PSU Vent Installed above PSU

New 120.2 Front Rad mount

Rad Mount Installed

The other very exciting delivery was some plain old Bitspower fittings via DazMode in Canada I looked literally everywhere for these last 8 fittings and @ the time of purchase Bitspower reps where telling me 3 weeks Lead in on my fittings + post time. Not really sure what hap[pened here but seems over Chinese New Year Bitsy got lazy . I have talked to a billion shops that normally stock these fittings and not one new WTH bitsy where doing. So I thank the flying spaggetti monsters that I found these last 8 at DazMode, they weren't cheap to get to Oz but I got em.....YAY!

Bitspower Multi-Link Adapters
    Last edited by Pwnography6; 03-23-2013 at 11:05 AM.
    AMD, Intel, ATI, Nvidia...I don't care as long as it can be overclocked .
    OCD Torture Rack: DD Torture Rack/Asus P5QC (775)/DFI NF4 Ultra D (939)/Asus P4P800 Deluxe (478)/Corsair DDR400 Pro 1gb/G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 4gb/Kingpin F1 Dark Dragon Pot/Tek-9 FAT 6.0 GPU Pot/Kingpin Mem Pot/Custom "Quick WB swap" watercooling.

Just some mucking around and planning today.

Long story short I was going to use some old Gelid Wing 12 fans for the "Pull" fans on the Alphacool NeXxos radiator. They were pretty filthy so using some shop towel and cotton swabs I set out to clean them up.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Anyways after cleaning these up and screwing everything together it seems the setup is 2mm too high to allow for my top cover to sit flush. It does clip in using these fans but I can tell it's not right and that's enough of an excuse for some redesign so I'm now on the market for some slim 60-65 CFM 120mm Fans. (This will also save me some painting in the long run too)

Had to do some disassembly today also the rear PCI/USB needed a work over from silver to black so did the bracket for the Logisys Remote control PCB as well as the Aquaero 5 faceplate. The Bitfenix recon was also due for a spray but it seems the face plate is made from a strange rubbery material. I may Design a custom Acrylic Plate for this in the future.

Heres some pictures of the Logisys unit shame the PCB is Green .

Waiting for paint to dry is boring so I started work on modifying the Corsair Dominator Ram cooler for other Evil cooling purposes. This cooler came surplus with my Dominator Ram and is too nice to waste so got something useful in mind for it .

While i had the drill out I thought I would rectify the only issue I have had with the CaseLabs case the flexbay mounts. During my test fittings on the fan controllers I notice that the small holes on the Flexbay mounts where not drilled out enough to actually fit their internal holder. Tiny problem easily fixed by slapping a bigger drill bit through.

How they should be

Needs a boar out :)

I really have started to dislike these individual mounts they look kinda messy and seeing I know I need exactly 3 bays I will be getting hold off a set of these down the track.

Flex-Bay 5.25 Device Mount - Short SD 3U - CaseLabs Store

Much Neater.

Got a bit bored tonight so decided to try out my new Akaska Vegas LED strips, (I will be doing a review of these soon) I really like them here is half a strip installed (9 LEDs) beneath the long side of the motherboard pretty happy with the effect and light desperation a few more of these and I will be set.

LEDs installed under mobo

LED effect

Daylight

Darkness

View through front
    That's it for now more updates soon!
    OCD Torture Rack: DD Torture Rack/Asus P5QC (775)/DFI NF4 Ultra D (939)/Asus P4P800 Deluxe (478)/Corsair DDR400 Pro 1gb/G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 4gb/Kingpin F1 Dark Dragon Pot/Tek-9 FAT 6.0 GPU Pot/Kingpin Mem Pot/Custom "Quick WB swap" watercooling.

Customs are finally done with this it would seem. More Pics and Review coming soon.

Heres an easy way to kill $80 + worth of parts. What we see here are 2x scratched switches and an off centre LED holder. Can't afford to replace any of this so will just have to make do :(

I should know better than rushing. Also had my sheds flood lights die on me so have no shed lights or photo lights now.

Then there is this mess with the res- pump......It's not gonna work without 90's or friggin hose so pretty much loosing everywhere today.

Gotta push on I guess....
    Last edited by Pwnography6; 04-03-2013 at 11:12 AM.

So had a few days off to reconsider a few things with this build and going to be changing things up a bit. When I can afford it I will be splitting this loop into 2 with the Ram and Aquaero block joining up with some other component cooling and the CPU will have a much nicer solo loop instead of sharing with components like it is now. But that's down the track as money is fairly tight again :(

Other than that I have done a small amount of sleeving as again couldn't afford much so Sleeving is happening piece by piece. (well thats how it feels anyway)

Here is a shot of some 550 Paracord sleeving I did a while ago this will all be getting traded out for Tight Braid Pet flex, which im liking a lot more than I used too.Bit more pricey but sick of loose threads from the para.

Still have a bunch to go + some fans and other bits and pieces.

I got these chrome 5mm LED holders from eBay a while ago these all need a paint :)

(Just realised I have a photo of one of these painted in the above post showing my half asleep lining up on the switch panel (DURP) )

I also got the Aquaero Back together this week after painting the bezel this is a bad picture but IRL it looks mint. The screen looks pretty bad but it still has the protective film on it.

Lastly I got the FrozenQ Fusion Res mounted in, I really love this res but regret not getting more extra ports put into it. Scuse all the finger prints all system needs a clean.

So that's it for now, have a few more parts on the way but that will be the last bits for a while. Fingers crossed some work comes up, Iv got a crazy idea in my head using some HDD water blocks and the Caselabs pedestal but is way out of budget ATM (Pedestal $300 to import :(, HDD blocks round $190). I guess I could always try build a pedestal for a while I was going to make one from a Coolermaster HAF-XB but the dimensions are out by about 150mm from memory.

Getting tempted as this build goes on to try for a Lil sponsorship but just don't know. Anyways as usual will keep it all up to date as it happens!

Just one pic for now will have a bunch of updates later in the day. This is just my latest box of purchases from Kool Room

Been flat out trying to get my next project off the ground, banging on any door looking for help I don't want to say much yet but I will say it's going to be awesome good fun. It will be a lot cheaper than this current build but will be a nice distraction from Thunderhorse which I will be taking a break from after it's running next week. Running but not finished may I add :)

Welcome to fingerprint central! Everything is starting to look pretty average got some major grease prints happening :) Is ok will polish it all up once config is sorted.

Got to unwrap some cool stuff this morning.

Bitspower flow Meter (This is just for looks + My wife is Dutch so she likes Windmills and waterwheels)

AquaComputer High Flow USB Flow Sensor

PowerAdjust II . Thought this would be bigger dunno why, next to lighter for size reference.

PowerAdjust II, with AquaComputers Black Front Bezel.

Also got started on some Cable Management. Just messing round with it, The Red Clamps are ModSmart Cable Bundler's. They are made for the ModSmart Kobra Cables which must be a bit fatter than my sleeved cables so I can cram 8 cables into a clamp made for 4. Win. As I said just playing with this for now cause I still have a billion fan wires, Temp probes to fit in aswell.

Bit more installed on the main side, Unfortunetly my measurements where way out on this one. The Aquacomputer flow sensor I had orginally planned to have connected to the "Out" port of the Aquaero V Waterblock. No way it was fitting there with the overcrowding so have placed it mid loop for now. It will be repositioned once I split the loop.

Not much to report on still waiting on Mr postman.

I was complaining elsewhere earlier this week about paint chipping due to painting in the cold. I wound the Aquaero faceplate down and got an insta-peel.

Luckily I had a back-up plan for once just in case of this situation. Ye olde Di-Noc Vinyl film.

So time to give the AquaComputer Bezels a wrap.

I really wanted to cover these as one piece and did a pretty good job but once remounted discovered the bottom bezel was a slight bit thinner so had to cut the pieces.

Eventually I would like to make a single custom faceplate for this out of steel or acrylic but the matte vinyl blends pretty well for now. However since I covered these bezels the top one has bubbled slightly around one of the screws. I must of left some vinyl in the screm mount which has applied stress to the vinyl surrounding the screw and making it lift so the Aquaero Bezel will be worked on for a 4th time :)

You may have also noticed I received my 'Short 3" Caselabs bay mount, it's a really nice bit of kit and saved me trying to modify 3 standard long mounts separately.

Got this nifty lil Enzotech funnel as Im constantly draining and refilling paired with my old Danger Den fill syringe il be unstoppable.

Finally I will leave a photo of the "Early" stages of the Aquaero wiring still got a long long way to go if my sleeve ever shows up.

Well lot's of updates, first of the FrozenQ Reservoir has been temporarily removed as I just wasn't happy with the config. It has been replaced for now with my old EK multioption. On top of that my Bitspower Visual Flow meter was junk and leaked like a sieve so it has been completely removed from the project.

I got the loop filled with plain distilled ATM, but will be adding Mayhems to the mix as soon as I can sort out a Problem im having with a Leaky Pump Top :) Is like nothing is sealed anymore I tell ya.

First off a public safety warning DON'T PU YOUR HANDS NEAR FANS EVER.

Next up is pretty boring but it's what I have been doing and that is mainly just a whole heap of Cable Sleeving. One of the first things to do was remove the cables from the rear of my Bitfenx Recon Controller, Iv seen statements from Bitfenix saying these cables are unsleeved coz there are so many of them and not sleeving them keeps cost down. But that doesn't explain why they hot glue gun them to the PCB and headers?

So using my trusty new toy (Surgical Scaple #3 worlds best sleeving tool) I carefully work away the Glue.

All DONE!

I really dislike these half sleeved Aquacomputer USB Cables, they need some love.

Now some random Sleeving Pics.

Before I show you some case pics check out this cool Lil media Cabinet mod I did with some Cheap $13 RGB's from evil bay. It brightens up the shelf and makes everything pop just a lil.

So as you may have guessed the RIG is up and running but far from finished I just couldn't live with a Day to day PC anymore. These photos are terrible quality so I will post some more in the coming days.

We Aren't done with her yet...........

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information