Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Modding my case for better cooling.

Just shows the outtake in the top. It's a 120 mm cooler.
    Going to make an intake in the side as soon as i've got the time.
    I realize my case aint the best for modding but what the hell you got to start somewhere... :)

might be a little to big for an exaust? Oh well it works right?

Yes, i'm going to use a 120 mm fan for intake in the side to, and i have an 80 mm outtake in the back of the case to, that is going to give me a little bit more outtake than in, i think that is better than vice versa.

75 cfm in
    95 cfm out

Actually to have a bit more going in than out is better plus will keep dust from from being sucked in thru other openings in the case (another 25-30cfm intake fan down infront will do it). ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

personally I don't think you can ever have to much going in.

THere are many different views on what many different people think. Liek one though is if you have too much intake then exaust it could actually cause backpressure on the intake fans and cause the air to go right back out. Or if you have too exaust air could be sucked into any unfiltered opening in the case. THings like that. My case is about even. Except for maybe the dual fans that I have on my HD cooler but doesn't really count as intake.

I've just have a whole heap of air blowing everywhere, and it works :thumb:
    I have my 120mm on the top, I put mine externaly, so it didn't trap any air.
    Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1662Mhz | Volcano 7+ HSF | Soltek SL-75DRV5 | 256MB Corsair XMS-3000 DDR RAM | 44x44x24 Yamaha CDR-W F1 | 16x Liteon DVD | 40Gig 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda | 20Gig 5400rpm Seagate | GeForce2 MX-400 | SB Live! | RTL8139A NIC | RTL8139B NIC | 12 Fans | 1 x ss Blue cc | 2 x Red Neons | 450W Codgen PSU | Logitech Z-340 2.1 Sub and sats | 17" Osborune Monitor | Win XP Pro | M$ explorer rat and keyboard | Everglide Attack Optical

I was thinking of moving my top exaust fan to the top of the case too. Make it look like a blower on a hot rod. (I can get 20 more MHz out of that). But anyway I haven't quite figured out how to get the wire from the outside of the case to the inside. Haveing a fan on the top also helps cool down your PSU.

I have pics somewhere....
    you pretty much drill a hole, then make a cut along to it and slide the wires down, WITH OUT cuting the wire shilding, else you have 12v running through your case.
    And you don't need a high power 120mm because the hot air will rise to it, and the 120mm is mainly for size.
    Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1662Mhz | Volcano 7+ HSF | Soltek SL-75DRV5 | 256MB Corsair XMS-3000 DDR RAM | 44x44x24 Yamaha CDR-W F1 | 16x Liteon DVD | 40Gig 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda | 20Gig 5400rpm Seagate | GeForce2 MX-400 | SB Live! | RTL8139A NIC | RTL8139B NIC | 12 Fans | 1 x ss Blue cc | 2 x Red Neons | 450W Codgen PSU | Logitech Z-340 2.1 Sub and sats | 17" Osborune Monitor | Win XP Pro | M$ explorer rat and keyboard | Everglide Attack Optical

I've seen a few like that and then they hid the fan under a car's air filter housing minus the filter. These are for old carbies and are about 6-8-10" dia and about 2" high and usually highly chromed with a perforated steel separatin' the top from the bottom. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information