Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Poll: Do you guys like it?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [SCRATCHBUILD] Bulldozer, Massive case Project

Default Re: [SCRATCHBUILD] Bulldozer, Massive case Project

Shakmods, nice company, nicer people :)

I recieved reply from Shakmods and they decided to make me custom cables for my V1000
    Thank you guys, it is more than just sending components, it takes time and effort to make sleeved cables and i understand how much hours they will work on these... Thanks again!!!

Here is an update, i didnt have conditions for more pictures, and i allreay had similar photos of steel casing, this is aluminum.

I did few things that i didnt take a picture of, Rails were attached directly to the wood frame but now i added distancers and it slides allot better, Frame rails dont strech the frame anymore but totally oposite, they retract it now, making it more sturdy. Also the rail on wooden frame had its "toungue reduced so it can slide more to the end of the case, some screws got in the way and they are not an option for removal...

I did the hood from the top, it is now out of 3 pieces, no longer the "bend around" method, and i made a hole and attached the 2nd PSU fan grill on the side. Also i did back mesh for the future grill on the front side of the case.

Again, this is the way that PSU will go, but i will put some distancers so i can raise the platform a bit and it will allow me to make it 1-2cm wider.

Again the case half way out, it is a bit bigger than last one but it was so i can increase area where the HDD's are going, i needed height so i can manipulate better. :)

Rims to fill the empty space between the inner and outher case, , i will fix them when i finish inner case totaly and i have exact dimensions...

I hope you guys like the progress so far and that you understand that English isnt my native language and that i am self taught so, point me on any mistake i might have made. :) Cheers

Fans fit perfectly :) Love how the distance between them isnt regular, its possible to squeeze them tight together and i am really good with that :D

this is the top one, the one that will blow directly to graphic cards and cool them aditionally hehe

Isn't it a beauty to see them like this, i will lower them to go at around 700rpm, i wont need them to go any more because i will make a sandwitch out of 2 radiators and the middle ones will go at 1200 rpm just to cycle the air between 2 of them :)

It got a bit late and i couldn't take all the pictures i wanted, a bit tired...
    Also, i made my 6th and final rooftop XD

I finished the sides made of acrylic... the entire case is a bit rough, there is some things i have to finish, i got rims that will go instead of duckt tape :) but for now its like this...

I admit, today its ugly as hell but with rims finished it will look much smoother :D and all.. its really robust, but i like it that way, it will be a piece of furniture in my room :D

It started to get final form, if you guys thought it looked big before, wait to see it now :D

ITS MASSIVE!!!

Still, much more work to be done :D

Ok, i know it has been a good long while since i last posted but i am happy to inform you that i am contiunuing my work and that i cleared another year in my faculty :D studying came first to this... sorry :(

I took few of these at local shop here in Serbia ( Uradi sam / Do it yourself )

I cut them to lenght and i made new tracks...

( mind the dog, she is dangerous ) :D

I figured out how to make the windscreen the way i want it to be, also spoon is done tomorrow when i take the rear suspension from Fiat Punto

There is a bit more update some stuff came last week from AquaTuning :)

Tomorrow i will make ubber update!!! I kept you in the dark for far too long :)

Ok, i got few pics of progress and a question :D

The spoon will be simmilar to this but i will str18 it a bit, add some mesh on top, make it more robust with stirofoam and such... it will look really good with suspensions and all painted ;) trust me, i have it in my head!!!

Also there is a question regarding these two pictures below

Should i make mud protector on the 2nd pic, or should i leave it like it is on the 1st?
    Please post coments on what you think i should do and what you like/dislike on it...

Tnx, Bax!

First off after this brake i made :D
    THANKS TWEAKTOWN FOR ARTICLE ABOUT MY BUILD :D You want to build an amazing project PC but where do you start? !!!

A few more days left, I will finish the mod before August :D

As i didnt want to post pictures that make no sence, posting pictures where only i could see the difference, i waited a bit and once i had done things i deem'd made a change, i made a little walktrough around what i have done and around the case...
    The video is a bit on the longer side, and i got a bit confused with terminology i would be thrilled if you'd watch it :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XweU...ature=youtu.be

I will grab some batteries for my camera and that is one of the reasons i used camcorder now, and i will take some nice closeups tomorrow, also i will most likely put primer on the drawer piece :)

UPDATE!!!, still not painting :( ran in to some work related issues :P but still sort of big update :)

1) The "Nose job":

2) FINALLY! Fan mount...

3) Polyester filler :

Hole for 24-pin done old fashion little plate style with |-type screws :D

It still needs sanding before painting, i corrected the edges and everything on the bodywork of the core part, i got fittings, and i did a hole for 24-pin

Here is one long overdue update.. bodywork is taking much longer than i anticipated

I ended up saving me the trouble with doors that open like this.. so the original idea --- to the water

Made my life allot easier when it came to cooling :D fans can now be securely mounted to the side pannel XD

Also, now everything seems to fit perfectly >.>

And some finishing bodywork, tiny air bubbles gave me allot of problems after sanding...

In the end it was worth it... Just perfect :D

Also, one more idea that took me, Idiot, almost entire day and it was complete bust!

Also, i figured that if i paint over the dry body kit, it will give it a bit of strength so i ended up doing that and it made my life easier, I paint it when i am done, and than, when i am back from work tomorrow its nice and solid, doing this saved me from allot of scratches :D

The back fan mounted ( the one that cools the back of the socket ), i must add that when i did measurements for the cuts, i wanted to make it octagonal, i kind of dig the lines.. i think i will pinstripe them on it... Also the fan is mounted to the plate, that is than mounted to the case...

Checking if the cables fit the hole i made, it will be awesome when i put the sleeved cables there with cable combs there :D

There, I hope you guys like the progress i made, i will take liberty to say that it the case as a case should be done in a week, and the water cooling components and components should be fixed inside few weeks after that total...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information