Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Work Log] G-X902

Default Re: [Work Log] G-X902

Very nice Build. I love the hinged top panel. Sub'd to see how she turns out.

Hey Guys! Update time!

I did the grille for the bottom part of the left side panel. Did the cuts using jigsaw and spent a lot of time filing it down.

It will look like this.

In this photo, I have fully completed installing the left side panel on the case. the left and right side panel will open up like this.

Time to sand them down!

For some reason, a thought came into my head when I was about to sand the aluminum side panel pieces. I wanted to try and see if I can do a "dirty" brushed-aluminium effect on them, although I know this effect wont be seen when the pieces of aluminium are all painted up. I referred to it as "dirty" brushed aluminum since, well, you can see it in the this photo.

Yeah, not so clean huh? But at least, now, I have a rough idea on how to do the effect properly. :D

Time to do the acrylic part of the panel grille. This was my first time using a moto-saw, and it took me a while to cut the grille holes on the acrylic sheet. I could have done it a bit quicker using my jigsaw but I wanted to try the moto-saw out.

And of course, spend A LOT of time filing and sanding it down to get lines straight.

Still needs a bit more filing.

The weather was a little nice yesterday, so I decided to try the paint that I bought a few days ago to see what it will look like on the panel.

Aaaand, the paint looks good on the panels! Well, at least for me, it looks good. :D

Needs a bit more polishing. But I intend to finish cutting up all the aluminum and acrylic pieces first before polishing up all the acrylic parts.

That's all for now. Hopefully I could finish up the right side panel next weekend, then after that, I will be moving on doing the front panel. Until the next update! Ciao! :lol:
    Attached Images Attached Images [Work Log] G-X902-zdugfnvl-jpg 

Hey guys! Wow, it's been quite a while since my last update, huh? Well, here's my update for this week. I apologize for the lack of updates since I had some personal stuff that I needed to clear out first and the weather here is becoming more pain in the butt. Anyway, enough of that, here's my update.

Hey guys! It's been quite a while since my last update and I would like to apologize. The weather here is not helping at all and got some unexpected things that happened here so I needed to clear those up first. Anyway, here's my update for this week.

First off, I received a new set of RAM modules. These DDR4's look tasty! Huge shout out to AVEXIR!

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/jfW04PUl.jpg[IMG]

Last week when the weather outside was still nice, I started to do the right side panel cut outs.

And of course, spent a lot of time filing the lines down.

Time to drill some screw holes.

The next day after I did the aluminum cuts, the weather got worse. The temperature dropped drastically, and when I say drastically, I tried to do some work outside, and as soon as I got outside, I noticed I could already see my breath. Got no other choice but to continue work in our basement. Kinda sucks since the available workable space down there is only around 5'x 5' max. Anyway, time to do the acrylic cut outs for the right side panel.

So last night, I finally got some free time to do some work again. I decided to start the front panel.

Yesterday I started cutting up the aluminum sheet for the front panel. If only power tools can speak, my jigsaw would be cursing at me for too much abuse. :D

Went outside for a quick smoke and noticed that it was a bit nice outside. Stopped doing the cutting for the front panel and of course, I decided to do some paint work while it's still nice outside.

I proceeded to work on the front panel from I left yesterday after painting the aluminum pieces for the side panels. Time to get my trusty ol' jigsaw to work.

And of course, time to work my biceps again. Let the excruciating filing down of the edges start!

Time to do some bending! Every time I am bending sheet metals, or sheet of aluminum in this case, that is lower than 22 gauge, I always do a little "chant" before I proceed. "Please dont b*tch out on me, please dont, just this time, please....." Knowing the fact that my bender is only rated to bend 22 gauge and up and knowing that using this bender to bend 16 gauge sheets will probably break the bend or cause some cracks on the bend, that chant of mine kinda helps out ease the paranoia away. For me that is. :D

The first half of the panel! My little chant never fails!

Here's the 2 pieces of the front panel.

K

Not the cleanest bend, I know, but I am still happy and quite satisfied with the result. That's it for me for now. 2 more weeks to go, and I still have TONS of stuff to do. See you on the next update! Ciao! :)
    Attached Images Attached Images [Work Log] G-X902-iuogfbxl-jpg 

Holy crap, it's been a while since I last updated this work log! And I want to apologize for that. But here's all of the photos that I have for this project.

Time to move on to painting all of the aluminum cuts for the panels. I got lucky on this one since the day that I did the paint job for the aluminum cuts was the last good day with a to do the paint job. The next day, the weather temperature here dropped to -3c.

And since I relocated the front usb/IO ports, I need to make a cover/panel for it.

And here's all the final photos that I took. And again, my apologies if the photos are crappy.

And that's it for me for this work log! To everyone who checked out my log, thank you so much! And thank you very, very, very much to Thermaltake for making me a part of this life changing event/competition! And to all the sponsors, Newegg and Avexir, who gave their full support for this event, thank you, thank you, thank you so much!! Until next time!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information