Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Homeade Refrigerated Computer

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    doesn't look like it would hold near enough beer though:(
    Ahh, but wouldn't the heat being generated by the system warm up the beer ? :cry:
    Never fear, BEER is here.... :thumb:
    SPAM Special Ops

why not get one of the Subzero friges and that way there is no condensation??
    just my 2 cents

Sorry guys but if was to leave standard air coolin' then this is the only thing atm that I'd go to. :devil:

Its nice Wiggo but way too expensive... I dont have a whole lot of money to spend on it... Besides... Mine is going to cool not only the cpu but the video card, memory, ect also.... This way I can overclock everything, not just the cpu...

So where can I find a sub-zero refridgerator? I ran a search and only came up with parts for them... Also, do they make mini ones because that is integral.. I cant be using mass electricity for my PC.. LOL

Should be starting my project by Thursday or so... For now I am only going to use one of my 3 systems which is just an old 450mhz k6-2 i have sittin around the house... I want to know for once and all if this will acctually work... If all else fails at least I will have a nice little beer fridge next to my desk!!! :cheers:

SubZero is just a brand and they dont make minis. They start in the 1500$US range for the cheapies.

btw... i would try this out on a POS sytem with old components first. Just a thought.

Another way to get rid of some of the humidity is to buy "dessicant". This is commonly used in chemistry labs to keep chemicals from sucking humidy out of the air. Another option is silica gel. Every once and a while you would have to put it in your oven and bake it to redry it, but it would cut condensation by a lot.

Also note, that if don't open the fridge too much then you will not be introducing new condensation into the unit, so once the dessicant pulls the moisture out, you will be fine.

Second note, you should tip it on its side since my little beer fridge drips water from the cooling unit that is usually in the top corner.

Thanks for the suggestions guys!!! I'm looking into the dessicant and silica gel products right now...

Most of these mini refrigerators come with that dumb little freezer built in.. They are hard to find without it. How hard do you thinkn it would be to just take the freezer portion out?

you can't take the "freezer" part out, that actually provides the coolding for the entire unit. You best best is to keep that part away from you electronics.

The best area to draw air from for the HSF though. :devil win

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information