Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Homeade Refrigerated Computer

Bolson... Do you think this would work?? http://www.brent-krueger.com/silica.html It's only $4.76 and it supposedly works for up to 3 cubic feet. :smokin:

Good idea Wiggo!!! I didn't even think of that.. That could help a bunch if I can just get this condensation thing figured out.:thumb:

You realise condensation forms when WARM moist (or not) air hits a cold surface (Like from a radiator on your windows in winter, depending on where you live) ?? Your only problem could be if some component on your MB gets really cold and then you shut off the fridge - air warms up, condensation forms.

If you feel competent enough you could pull the compressor/condesor/gas/cooling pipes off the fridge and install it in a big case like some other guy mentioned in this thread (sorry, net is slow and I am not going back to look who did).

I have seen a couple of these systems commercially available, one is on review now at HardOCP.com for only $550, and they get sub zero temps
    1700+ @ 2084MHz (166x12.5) -|- SLK-800 w/120mm Fan -|- MSI Ti4200 291/581 -|- 512 ddr PC2700 Crucial @ 372MHz -|- 30gb BB & 80gb JB WD -|- Asus A7V(D'oh)8X -|- CT Dragon Alu w/ 6 80mm Case fans -|- 3DMark2001 score = 12777 -|-

I have company over right now, and I read outloud a few of these threads. Well what do ya know, They are talkin bout it here.
    Great thing to thought process.:cheers: :smokin:

Well it might be a week or so now before I finally get to start... Damn bills just keep piling up!!! I hate bills!!! I think I will just stop paying them. (Snicker) My new years resolution is to get this project fully functional. : party ha

I can't wait to see how this plays out for you.

BTW, did you ever consider just buying a small freezer?? :confused:

You could get a frost free model that'll pull most humidity out, and like the earlier post mentioned, as long as the door is closed most of the time and you have plenty of air moving, shouldn't be a problem!! :hammer:

Good luck : peace2:

The freezer idea is not bad at all... Find me a cheap one online. I'm just a poor college student so it can't be anything over $100... I would de it in a heartbeat though if I can get a good deal. :thumb:

P.S. Trooper 10 ... Your avitar is sweeet... That's pretty damn funny!!!

Does anyone know the temoerature at which Hard Drives cease to operate? I would like to build them into the enclosure also but I do not know if they will run.

I just want to suggest that you don't vacuum any parts of your computer at all (To make it simple), because if there's nothing but space, not even air, then the fridge won't have any influence on the temperture because it doesn't have anything to pass the cold onto, so the CPU and any other component that you would put in this vacuum would just get hotter and hotter (Hotter than if there was air present, as it can act as a type of thermal resistance).

I hope that this is of some help, and that you make this comp-fridge! :D

Yeah.. I gave up that idea... I am just waiting till I get some cash flow to work on this project. Right now im broke as a joke

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information