Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Homeade Refrigerated Computer

How are you going to use the fridge as a case anyway? are you going to use the ledges for the metal grate that you use to put stuff on, as support for the motherboard?

I am getting the right kind of idea.... Right? lol

im going to mod the inside to hold the board. Obiouslly I am going to use somthing plastic to hold the board for condutivity reasons. Im going to have a few 120 mm fans blowing over the board to keep a constant circulation in the fridge thereby reducing condensation. I will also have silica gel in the fridge to deal with the condensation levels of warm mixed with cold. I was planning to start this project sooner but I just moved. Moving sucks.. LOL

:smokin:

Well, if this works, you can start making them in mass production, coz I'd buy one and I'm sure other people would, it'll save you from having to run to the kitchen to get a coke. :D

It'll be another great invention for those lazy people out there, like the CD tray beverage holder, and the Slot A mini cooker (coz it got so damn hot) :thumb:

You know 'bout the Slot A mini cooker too???
    I had a friend who, at the time, knrew alot more about computers than i, and he built a Slot A Athlon 600 (i think thats how fast it was) that had no case, sat out in the open and had a metal bowllike thing just sitting on top the HSF. KIt was weird cause the had to make little plastic props from the MoBo to hold it up cause the bowl was large enough that the HSF and proc wouldnt hold it up.... he was a weird college kid with too much time.... i thought he had the idea on his own, and this was before my surfing days (cause I refuse to surf on dial-up) so i didnt know it was on the web... i think he sucessfuly cooked an egg once... breakfast after a long nite of uninterrupted gaming prolly.

Slot A cooking was a big thing just after the Slot A boards came out, in some schools they used to have 'cooking/computer' rooms because it was cheaper and much more efficient.

It was also an easy way for cooks to show off their talents live on the internet. :rolleyes:

Now that what i call Kitchen Appliance... :p

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    Sorry guys but if was to leave standard air coolin' then this is the only thing atm that I'd go to. :devil:
    :smokin: :thumb: Right on Wiigo:cheers: My choice exactly

& next purchase as soon as can find us source for what has

to be the finest exmpl of Scandanavian technology since the

the advent of Double Bit 2 hnd bttl Axe/20 ore ship also

by da Danes.........Prometeia Rules......oh, and hey AMD2nr...

chk out Maximum PC issue Aug.2001 pg.44 although ya'd

have ta compromise on size & get freezer/fridge....it's a fo

sho can do Canuk style:snip: :confused: : peace2:
    Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud Strife
    Well, if this works, you can start making them in mass production, coz I'd buy one and I'm sure other people would, it'll save you from having to run to the kitchen to get a coke. :D

It'll be another great invention for those lazy people out there, like the CD tray beverage holder, and the Slot A mini cooker (coz it got so damn hot) :thumb:
    But it all sounds kinda cool:thumb:

"it'll save you from having to run to the kitchen to get a coke" in most cases you might mean a BEER

Good luck in this prodject I really hope you are successful in it:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

But the cd-tray only holds one beer, where does my 18 pack of longneck bottles go???:confused:

Quote Originally Posted by JediAgent
    But the cd-tray only holds one beer, where does my 18 pack of longneck bottles go???:confused:
    hmm how about an 18 bay server all with a beer!!!!! Hmmmmm that's sounds awesome, but if i were to do that, i feel that wiggo would move in w/ me :D :D j/k

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information