Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need to modify my faceplates/bezels

Richard :flames:
    ---Wolff On The Prowl----

RamWolff...sorry to hear of your puter problems...but here's a thought, if your going to be replacing components you might want to do the mod(vinyl dye) at the same time as you'll have the puter a part anyways...just a thought. SEM also offers a product, Color Coat, it's what they call a elastomeric coating..? I've never used the product before, but I will be messing around with it today so I'll let you know how it works out. You might want to invest in a POST card as this will help you diagnose your problem.
    http://www.postcodemaster.com/products2.htm
    This site offers a POST card for $50 bucks(they also offer a pci card for $65 bucks)...Yeah, I know it's $50/$65 bucks...but even if you have to replace your mobo you'll at least know WHY? But what if it isn't your mobo and it turns out to be a PSU problem? Maybe a RAM issue? Sometimes it's cheaper to figure out exactly what's wrong with the puter then throwing darts at it in the dark...You might also want to try and do a boot strap install...remove everything from the mobo that isn't necessary and try booting it...if it boots, add each component one at a time until you find the offending component. Use a GROUND STRAP! It isn't so important that you are grounded, but rather you and the puter are at the same electrical potential. You can buy them for like $5 bucks, it's better to spend $5's then cause an ESD and end up spending $100's or more replacing fried components...:thumb:

Hey Mr. C... Thanks for the nice compliment...We all know what it's like when dealing with things we're not to up on...I look at it this way, what goes around comes around. I have had other people help me before, so it's only right to try and help others out, if I can...much like you! You know the old saying....two heads are better than one! Thanks again for the nice compliment!
    :cheers:

THANKS ArborBarber for the link. Hmmmm, I read through the product list and I don't see any mention of a list of codes included. So then it's a matter of finding out what codes mean what!! Also, if you have one of those cards can you answer me this: If I have the card in is the LCD display right side up so I can read it easily?? or is it in the same direction as the pins so I will have to read it upside down??

Have a great day!!

RamWolff...you'll have to place the card in the top pci slot(I'm assuming you have a newer mobo) so you can view the codes. If you look at that sites home page you'll find the error codes for the different BIOS manufactures. There are other POST card manufactures out there, but some can get pretty expensive...
    You might want to try the boot strap install first...see if the puter boots with just the basics installed. You can also try to count the beeps generated by the systems own POST and look up those codes at the home page of the site I gave you. You can also try that sites link page...
    :cheers:

there is one on ebay for 19 for ISA and PCI ones are about 40

boots up and then sits there and mouse and keyboard stop responding? does it ever get as far as to start loading windows? also does the floppy drive light up and then go back out or does the light stay on all the time? any beeps you get when starting the cpu? 1 or 2 or 3 short long. Trying to figure out if its a hardware problem with something hooked up wrong. aslo might want to check the bios settings to make sure its set to the right cpu speed. bus and the clock multipler. if the bus speed is set to to fast a lot of the time the cpu will stop and wont get to the boot state to load windows.

I'd check all your calbles to make sure pin 1 and lined up with pin1 on the mb and drives.

Might want to try just using 1 stick of ram and then another stick to see if its a bad memory stick.

Keith

IT's fixed.

Turned out to be the MB. Works like a rocket ship now. Got Win2000 Pro SP 3 on it and got it loaded up and at work. Everyone is thrilled with it. So thanks guys. I will keep the card in mind for future needs though.

I painted mine, simply removed the cover(s). Primed it, spray painted it, and sealded it. Hasnt rubbed off yet, been 4-5 months.
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information