Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: no brand PSU enough for me?

within my case, i have 3 extra fans, and thats pretty much all my extras i think. but i sometimes get some problems where i can't right click and such, and i think its a memory related problem which may... related to my psu. i have no idea. My psu was from a free soyo case that i bought from a large local computer store. it's supposedly "AMD certified" but i'm not sure. Should i buy a 400w psu just to be safe? or is my no name psu enough?
    <font color=red size=1>|</font><font size=1>T-bred AMD Athlon XP 1800+<font color=red>|</font>
    <font color=blue>|</font><font size=1>Soyo KT400 Dragon Ultra<font color=blue>|</font>
    <font color=red>|</font>512 mb Corsair XMS PC3200<font color=red>|</font>
    <font color=blue>|</font>Leadtek Winfast G4 Ti4200 w/ 8x support<font color=blue>|</font>
    <font color = red>|</font>Maxtor ATA133 80 gb w/ 8mb cache<font color=red>|</font>
    <font color = blue>|</font>Verbatim 48x12x50 CD-RW<font color=blue>|</font>
    <font color=red>|</font>Logitech Cordless Elite Duo<font color=red>|</font>
    <font color = blue>|</font>Win XP Pro SP1<font color=blue>|</font>

A good quality PSU will prolly give more consistant voltages...compared to "generic" psu which can give bad small spikes making the voltages jump up and down.
    So a good psu is worth it...but buy your new psu and see if that is the problem if not you can always return it.
    - Damien

A quality PSU will usually last a long time while the no name ones usually don't. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

after reading article on tomshardware.com i understand the difference between a good and bad PSU. Trust me and go get a good one.
    Here's the link if you want to read the article.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/howto/02...021/index.html
    HTH

Thread Information