Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: I scratched my window today !

AAARRRRHHHHH !!!! I scratched my window today !
    All I have to say is....:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
    SPAM Special Ops

Now that totally sux. :(

Damn.....how did you scratch it?

You know a few days ago I thought I had a scratch it mine. But it turns out it was just the reflection of the sun on the dust pattern that formed on the inside.

I'm not even gona tell ya what i did to one of my comps a couple of years ago...

The scratch is about an inch long..:snip:
    I brought my tower to work to give it a blow job (air compressor).
    I had the side panel off, but the fan was still connected.
    I leaned the side panel against the back of the tower while I was blowing the dust out from inside when I moved the tower to get at the front panel...when...the side panel tipped over onto the steel end of a Quick-Grip bar clamp which was clamped to a manual hand press - I WATCHED IN HORROR !!! :cry:
    Now, my pretty case window has been violated.
    On the plus side however, I did get a lot of dust out...
    P.S. I found out that my tower weighs 41 Lbs.
    Did I also mention that I haven't slept in a few days...The wife and I are in the process of buying a house...Now all we have to do is sell our condo.
    SPAM Special Ops

E^vol ya can buff it out by hand But, unless you have
    showcar paint job............not likely to have products on hand
    which cost around $20.00 usd......... 3M Perfect-it II Rubbing compound-Fine Cut and Meguires Pro Show Car Glaze #7
    If ya use 'em do small circular motion rubbing compound first
    till smooth than horizontal/vertical/diagonal-both nw 2 se & sw 2 ne...........not to be alarmed bout minute scratches as glaze will
    more than just fill those.....couple a 3 coats .........and niether product contains wax/silicone...........too bad ya not living between
    Seattle & Portland, i'd do for nadda, cuz your a TT ppl.....;) :wave:
    Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Or..... an acrylic polishing kit. I had one for my reef tank and it worked wonders on CDs and other plastics also. It was basically a medium grit solution and a fine grit solution, which I used with a buffing wheel. It made my tank and CDs look brand new. :) I did a quick google and came up with this --

http://www.storefixtures2000.com/Acr...g_products.htm

and this

http://www.sdi-corp.com/bredent/cata...t/att_main.htm

Hope it helps. :)
    - -+ r e v e n a n t +- -
    my rig: Shyznat
    * AMD XP 2600+ @2277 on an MSI K7N2-L * 2x 256meg Corsair PC3200 XMS Platinum in Dual Channel mode @ 3,2,1,2.0 * ATI Radeon 9700 Pro * 4x IBM 180GXP 60gig RAID 0+1 on a Promise Fastrack100 * 1x Western Digital WD800JB 80gig with 8mb buffer on mainboard IDE *Soundblaster Live! * Samsung SW-248B CDRW with 8mb buffer * Sony DDU1621 DVDR * Enermax EG465P-VE 431watt PSU * 23.1" Sceptre X23s-Naga LCD * Chieftech windowed case with glowing ide cables * pic1 * pic2 * pic3 * pic4 * pic5 * 9700 * 3Dmark03 5432 * 3Dmark2001SE 17K club member * the sweet spot *

Thread Information