Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Poll: What kind of box do you have?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Just wanna see what the TT community has

Quote Originally Posted by MovinMelo
    I ran the HP mobo over with my LTD last year, just to make sure it was dead.
    Got any pictures of that:?:
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Hope that mobo didnt break and give you a flat. LOL

I started with a tandy TL 3 in 1989-- bought a packard bell 486 sx 66 thennn--- built a cheap cyrix sys that was junk
    and thats what started me tweaking. Trying to make lemonaide out of a lemon. 8 or 9 systems later here I am.
    Will never own a store bought system again.

don't get me started on brand name computers!!!...They put in stupid junk with weirdo standards and sell it for some crazy price...the user then finds out after they bought it that they can't even upgrade with better cheaper parts because the company was so selfish they used they're own stupid parts and the powersuply doesn't work with other mobo's, so you get a new PSU aswell, the that isn't compatible with something else and well...you get the picture :D
    <Insert Witty Comment Here.>

What Brand system is that..?

The ones that have custom power supplies?

well, I know that dell and compaq in particular often use custom powersuplies, but all Brand name companies use custom mobo's that can't be overclocked:eek:

my dad got an evesham comp, the mobo is definatly 'unique' lol. everythnig else seems to be standard (including psu lol). and this comp is ****, well thats wot u get for a brand name......

Dell has started using custom power supplies??? Just their budget PC's i bet?

Alot of companies use custom psu (hp, ibm, compaq, etc) but because the mb is atx you are able to take it out of the original case and into a new one with better psu.
    my previous comp was like that (HP) and the psu wasn't putting out enought power (125w) so I went out brought a new case and psu, worked fine.
    Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1662Mhz | Volcano 7+ HSF | Soltek SL-75DRV5 | 256MB Corsair XMS-3000 DDR RAM | 44x44x24 Yamaha CDR-W F1 | 16x Liteon DVD | 40Gig 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda | 20Gig 5400rpm Seagate | GeForce2 MX-400 | SB Live! | RTL8139A NIC | RTL8139B NIC | 12 Fans | 1 x ss Blue cc | 2 x Red Neons | 450W Codgen PSU | Logitech Z-340 2.1 Sub and sats | 17" Osborune Monitor | Win XP Pro | M$ explorer rat and keyboard | Everglide Attack Optical

Well, if the mobo works with any other PSU that the PSU is not what I would call custom....

no zeradul, i mean that the PSU is custom as in....if you got a new mobo, it wouldn't work with the PSU that came with the computer, you'd need a new PSU aswell.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information