Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: laptop screen

There was a fellow sellin' a Lian Li case on Ebay a few days back and that had a LCD sreen in the motherboard side of the case. :thumb:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

do you have the url for the auction?

LOL Andy. I don't imagine it would be easy, maybe doable. Got any friends in the monitor industry? :devil win

Youll be in for a few surprises which will turn into barriers at some stage of the mod development. Getting the lcd into the case is easy enough (My mates (failed) project had it on a hinge on the side of his case), but powering it and finding a driver/interface will be the hardest part. Id google the model number and get as much info about the screen as possible. Especially its power requirements.

Thats as far as my mate got with his project. He finally found something to power the screen, but he is still stuck on the interface and how to 'drive' the screen.

Yeah it would be very difficult to do but give it a try!
    My System:
    AMD XP1700+@XP2000
    ECS K7S5a Motherboard
    512 MB PC2700 DDR Ram
    Geforce 2 Pro 64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut Zer0
    Youll be in for a few surprises which will turn into barriers at some stage of the mod development. Getting the lcd into the case is easy enough (My mates (failed) project had it on a hinge on the side of his case), but powering it and finding a driver/interface will be the hardest part. Id google the model number and get as much info about the screen as possible. Especially its power requirements.

Thats as far as my mate got with his project. He finally found something to power the screen, but he is still stuck on the interface and how to 'drive' the screen.
    well i googled the model number (or at least what i thought was the model number ;)) and it didn't find anything

the power suppply: it has an inveter already attached to it(in the original pic, the little circuit board down the bottom)

here are the pics of the model number (if anyone wants to help me out and try googling the model number(s) coz i can't find anything :()

Ok here's the link http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=1327840627 and a pic below. ;)

looks prett schweet

hope ya can get it working andy
    TT Original

Quote Originally Posted by Olie
    looks prett schweet

hope ya can get it working andy
    so do it :)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information