Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I think I decided on a case! CHECK IT OUT and please input y

I'm getting a Skyhawk Jupiter Aluminum ATX case. This is the best deal I've found so far on it with a power supply. http://store.yahoo.com/mamicro/alalatxcasw4.html

If anyone knows of a better buy please post it.

I'm ordering it on Monday if I don't find a better deal by then.

Looks nice but basically it has a very poor front air intake which gives the case poor airflow charactoristics which may give ya coolin' probs later (IMO if ya can't see where the air gets in the front then forget it). : peace2:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

I'd also question the quality of the psu in $95 deal. A good 400w would be more than half the cost of the combo.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjackusa
    I'd also question the quality of the psu in deal. A good 400w would be more than half the cost of the combo.
    Aw yes, that is one of my concerns,:confused: I don't know what will be a sufficeint power supply. Other than the normal stuff, I'll be running 2 harddrives, 1 DVD player and a DVD writer (2 seperate disk players), ATI 9500 graphics card, and maybe a light stick or 2 in addition to the lights on the front of the case. Let me know what you think I should upgrade the power supply to sufice, please.

I think ventalation should be fine with that case running a P4. I have a good processor fan and used plenty of coolent gel ontop of the processor, I really don't forsee much of a processor overheating problem (Wiggo) since it will still be ventelated as good if not better than most brand name P4 computers.

First - "plenty of coolant gel" = bad
    The thermal compound is used to bridge minor contact gaps between the processor and the hsf due to small surface irregularities. Only a very thin film is required. Take it apart, clean it up, and put a paper-thin coat on the cpu.
    Here's a link to a power supply that I feel is excellant , and of sufficient capacity to handle your rig even when you hang lights and such on it.

http://www.amatteroffax.com/item.asp...=srcPriceWatch

Plan on replacing ALL fans as they are the cheapest of sleeve bearing units atm and as Wiggo stated front intake not only may ,but, certainly on this case, is totaly restricted by the front
    I/O panel and the "cpu blower" is an even cheaper and most
    poorly designed plastic intake unit which should exhaust as the 60mm is worthless for anything other than particle flow. And
    yes, as you may have guessed, i have dealt with these patheticaly low quality and cheesey cases/several models, three times more than my sanity/clients can tolerate. Paid $74 USD
    shipped and received first 1 with front bezel entirely broken off
    and window damaged...........was shipped new unit & allowed
    to keep other free & clear .........wow, a free garbage can, i am
    less than depressed. And if their PSU's are of any quality whatsoever........ I would more than gladly eat that free aluminum
    case. Be aware and check HERE for largest quanity of close up pics of this case. At least it IS all aluminium.:thumbs do : peace2:
    Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Quote Originally Posted by dryadsoul
    Plan on replacing ALL fans as they are the cheapest of sleeve bearing units atm and as Wiggo stated front intake not only may ,but, certainly on this case, is totaly restricted by the front
    I/O panel and the "cpu blower" is an even cheaper and most
    poorly designed plastic intake unit which should exhaust as the 60mm is worthless for anything other than particle flow. And
    yes, as you may have guessed, i have dealt with these patheticaly low quality and cheesey cases/several models, three times more than my sanity/clients can tolerate. Paid USD
    shipped and received first 1 with front bezel entirely broken off
    and window damaged...........was shipped new unit & allowed
    to keep other free & clear .........wow, a free garbage can, i am
    less than depressed. And if their PSU's are of any quality whatsoever........ I would more than gladly eat that free aluminum
    case. Be aware and check HERE for largest quanity of close up pics of this case. At least it IS all aluminium.:thumbs do : peace2:

So are you saying this case is not vented enough either? And thanks for the link becuase thats the cheapest I've seen on that model yet http://www.directron.com/psr4609d7.html . Read the second paragraph and the sentence above it, they make it sound like its high tech ventelation.

What fans are good replacements and do all models fit?
    I havent put a computer together since an early Pentium 2 so I'm a little rusty on all this stuff? I remember I ordered a VERY cheap case back then and was dissapointed in the way it looked when it arrived but it did the job just fine, so I ended up being happy with it.

Also I have seen this new case I'm planning on getting at a PCHertz.com store near me, so I know I like the style and I really have my heart set on it but now I'm starting to wonder.

If I still decide to get this particular case, I'm going to order it from the website you suggested and then get bigjackusa
    powersupply from his.

Is that the same site you got the broken product from and what was their return policy like?

If you want a good aluminum case - http://www.directron.com/amx01gnd.html They have it in other colors as well if green isn't your thing. It is a tried and true case design that is insanely easy to work with, plus with that model, you have the freedom to choose a good power supply.

Onebadass the sad fact is that that case is now bein' sold in many different configurations around the world in both alloy and steel. No matter whether ya have an AMD in it or an Intel in it but when combined with a good video card will all produce plenty of heat and hard drives are usualy what will die on ya first though video corruption is also likely. :(

The UNEEC clone case that Maniacmous linked has excellent airflow characteristics and my Athlons and P4 reside in the steel versions of that case in which they rarely work a sweat up. :thumb:

If your not concerned about Space or Cost then any Case from Lian-Li will do,but I perfer the full tower as they really provide A heck of a lot more space and you can Plainly see where the 2 not 1 front intake fans go and on this one you have 7 exhaust fans on the rear 2 above the psu 3 on the side (80mm or 60mm lower lef) and 2 that come with it.:cool: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
    I shall stir the gates of hell once more and stare into the jaws of death and laugh, for I will know fear no more.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information