Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: For those who DON'T trust water cooling

[COLOR=royalblue] Hey here is a Water Cooling Free Solution. Hope you folks have a nice bank cash investment though. And doesn anybody know if Tweaktown has previewed the Asus A7N8X mobo yet. I bought one of these gorgeous monsters, but sadly can't install yet. Im am looking for advice to a great modding case. IS Lian Li the right way to go ?
    Lian LI PC60
    (2 intake 80mm ADDA/3
    exhaust 80mm ADDA)
    EG465P-VE Enermax Dual fan PSU 465watt
    Asus A7N8X Dx ver2.0 C1007 latest bios
    AthlonXp 3200+ Barton
    Xms Corsair 3700PT TwinX paired 2x512@200mhz
    200mhz X 11.0 = 2.205GIG
    creative audigy 2
    Asus V8460 U Ti 4600 Dx
    CPU full load 28C
    Case full load 24C
    Western D HDD 120gb
    XP Professional current best- crap
    11682 marks=xp best performance settings @ 2500+ 166mhz x 11.0X = 1.83GIG

This one is better again, http://www.chip-con.com/products.asp :D

Got a friend in Savannah, GA who built a tower out of a small freezer and put his systemboard in there... problem was when the power went out, that ice turned to water and when the power came back on... well I guess you can imagine what happened... buzzz zappp

:spam:
    :shoot3: :snip:
    :blah: :blah: :blah:
    :geek:
    In Home:
    Exchange Server
    Blackberry server
    Web Server
    Game Server
    Dedicated T1 connection
    building pc
    P4 3.06
    2 gig DDR 400
    200 Gig hd using ATAserial
    Sony DVD writter
    Plexwrite 48X burner
    backup 120 gig ATA/133
    looking for the best graphics card
    Custom designed tower

i actually tried something the other day and liked it so well, I custom fit a piece on the side of my case. I have a hole drilled in the side of my case directly above my CPU fan/HS. I have mounted a fan on the case (same size as the one on the HS) and used a McDonald's drink cup that has been 'trimmed' down a bit that goes over the fan and is on the inside of the comptuer case when the side is on. It directs fresh outside air from outside the computer directly into the area above the CPU HS/Fan that blows across the fins. This has always worked well for me to cool the case as I am putting fresh and cooler air directly to the attention of the fan that cools the CPU. Now I did something a little different....

I bought some 3" duct hose at the autoparts store and then I cut out the top of one of my DVD pancake cases ( a small 10 piece case), and mounted the 3" duct hose there and wrapped it with electrical tape to keep it from sliding out and it also makes a good fit that way. The other piece, the base is drilled and glued to the side of the case directly over the fan that feeds the outside air into the case above the CPU fan. This allows me to "quck connect" the hose to the side of the case. I then put the hose to the ouside window that is open.

The outside air temperature (winter here in Michigan) is 38 degrees as I post. My CPU temperature has DROPPED from 42 C at idle, running a AMD Athlon Thoroughbreed 2000+, down to 27 degrees at idle, and 28 to 29 degrees when doing somehting that requires some CPU cycles.:D Nice benefit is that it also gives me fresh air into the home and pre-heats it via the CPU and case before it gets into the home!! *S*

Cut down the noise on the side case fan as well. I know.. odd.. but hey it really works great!! And no I don't have the problem with freezups as there is about 70 " of duct tubing before it gets to the fan for the CPU. If I want to remove my computer and do some work, all I have to do is twist just a little counterclockwise, and the top piece (with the tube) comes off and then I can remove the case fan. If I remove the fan, the temps start to climb back up right away. Using Hardware Monitor Pro.:thumb:
    "Former Nebraskan... fix it with bailin' wire."
    Vern

SYSTEM:
    MULTIBOOT -> Windows XP, ME and Mandrake 9.2 Linux

Abit KV8-MAX3
    AMD 64 Clawhammer 3200+

Kingston Hyper X 1GB DDR CAS 2 set agressively!
    Custom fan cooler for CPU
    USB 2.0 all onboard no card
    GeForce4 MX440 AGP 64MB DDR Video Card
    10/100 NIC 3Com onboard
    Leadtek TV 2000 XP video input card PCI
    160 GB ATA 133 Maxtor HD 8MB buffer
    350 W Enermax PS
    Toshiba DVD ROM drive
    Yamaha CD Burner
    Pioneer DVR-105 DVD Burner
    Logitec optical mouse on adapter
    DW 6000 Satellite 2-Way internet connection