Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: The Coolest Case!?

Hello guys!

Let's say that I have an Asus P4 t533-C MOBO and a Pentium 4 2.4 ghz 533FSB processor with of course RAM, two hard drives, an optical drive, and a stupid floppy drive. What kind of a case and powersupply should I get with all of that for under $150? And maybe not too fancy of a cooling system.

Eternat and awesome Chaos

Umm... sorry but i'm not quite sure of the exchange rate on *mars* but if your in Australia nothing overly wow for that money.
    In USA you could probably get some thing like an antec
    Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1662Mhz | Volcano 7+ HSF | Soltek SL-75DRV5 | 256MB Corsair XMS-3000 DDR RAM | 44x44x24 Yamaha CDR-W F1 | 16x Liteon DVD | 40Gig 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda | 20Gig 5400rpm Seagate | GeForce2 MX-400 | SB Live! | RTL8139A NIC | RTL8139B NIC | 12 Fans | 1 x ss Blue cc | 2 x Red Neons | 450W Codgen PSU | Logitech Z-340 2.1 Sub and sats | 17" Osborune Monitor | Win XP Pro | M$ explorer rat and keyboard | Everglide Attack Optical

If you are a U.S. buyer, here's a site with a large selection of cases where you can get some ideas:

http://www.directron.com/

The best place ive found yet is http://www.xpcase.com/

Ive gotten 3 cases from them so far .... very nice cases to work on .... at a very nice price

This is the case that I just bought from Directron(thank you for the advice to go here). It is a Directron SF-201t-Blue aluminum computer mid-tower case with a Thermaltake Silent Purepower 420 Watt dual fan powersupply.Anyways thanx yall for the good advice. I love what I came up with.

Chaos (i am still burning):flames:

So, Chaos, how's that 201t do on the cooling aspect:?:
    i have been wanting to get the black one since i first saw it
    6 mos ago but haven't been able to get any feedback on the cases quailty/performance :cheers:
    Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Chaos,

You should have an all around awesome computer when you get everything together. Bro, you did the right thing and asked the guys here at TT what to get to build your new rig. I got priceless info for the TT guys and everyone else on this forum and I'm beyond happy with my rig. I just order a new tower too,http://www.dealsonic.com/skyhapsma1mm.html. I be interested to see what your rig looks like when its all together. I'll post mine as soon as I get my case and lights.

-Hawks
    <center>| Processor: P4 2.4B OCed @ 3.2Ghz | MoBo: Albatron PX845PE Pro II |
    | OS: Windows XP Pro | RAM: OCZ 512MB PC3500 OCed @ 445 mhz |
    | Graphics: Radeon ATI 9700 Pro @ 395/345 | Temp: 32C normal, 35C full |
    | 3DMark2001: 18094 | 3DMARK03: 5763 | PCMARK02: Score |
    | Sound: SB Live 5.1 | Cooling: Thermaltake Volcano 7+ HSF |
    | PSU: Antec TrueBlue 480W | Mouse: Logitech MX300 |</center>

Thanx for the support guys.

Dryadsoul, I have no idea about the cooling with that case. But I will tell you this, it seems to be really awesome (well i mean come on, it has 5 case fans). If I had to do it all over again though, I think that I might have gone with the thermaltake xaser II blue case. Of course that is 60 dollars more. Oh yeah, you did know that neither of these cases come with powersupplies, right?

Hawks, I know, I can't wait until it is all put together. Because I used the slowest shipping time to save dollars, all of the parts should be here in a week to 2 weeks. Than of course, the biggest and most fun part, putting it all together, baby!!!!!!! But yeah, I will post a stupid pic. of it when I am done. By the way, it will definately have lights and a cool little badge that says something I won't say here! lol

Anyways I must go. I hope ya got a good case!

My little fire will never go out, so listen in closely

CCCCCHHHHAAAAOOOOSSSS RULES

That's funny you just listed the tt Xaser II which ia my other choice, just been waiting for the price to go back down: omg:
    Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Yeah the Thermaltake Xaser II is very pricy, but well worth it if you got the cash or credit,he he. But I stuck with the directron cause it was cheaper, but not so cheap that it is a piece of crap for gaming.

see ya:shoot3:

Chaos:devil win

Thread Information