Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: HELP ME DISABLE INTEL 810 On-board Video!

Ok, I was convinced that you couldn't disable the on-board video on my computer but I've heard rumors lately of success stories.
    System-
    HP Pavilion 7920
    384 megs ram
    900mhz
    STUPID INTIGRATED ONBOARD VIDEO - Intel 810 Chipset
    Windows 2000 os

No option in BIOS to disable the onboard video. Installing ANY graphics card won't automatically disable the onboard unit. With a new card in I will get to the windows startup screen and it will lock up.

What I've tried-
    Disabling from BIOS - Can't no option
    Going into Device Manager and disabling device usage but upon booting the system automatically enables it.
    Physically deleting all 810 video drivers (on adivice from a HP Tech) but the system magically reinstalled them upon reboot.
    Spent 1hr on the phone with HP Techs and Engineers and they had no other ideas. I've looked for the jumper to disable video on the motherboard and can't find it, where would it be located?
    Any other ideas????

HELP!!!

The onboard video of the 810 was not designed to be disabled so there is no jumper or bios option to do it. If you think it can still be done, track down the rumors - who told you - who told him/her? I don't personally see any advantage to trying to upgrade the graphics on that board as the board itself is on the real low end of the performance scale.

Try contacting the pc manufacturer, they should be able to tell you how to disable the chipset :thumb: .

DJ_Toastie

Do you really think HP is going to tell someone how to do an unsupported hack on their hardware?

Quote Originally Posted by bigjackusa
    DJ_Toastie

Do you really think HP is going to tell someone how to do an unsupported hack on their hardware?
    It would be a supported hack If they did tell you

look for the mobo manufacturer model number and try them. reflash using their bios for the board.

The mobo does not make the rest of the hardware bad. Who makes that 900? Is it amd,intel(celeron or p3). Post back. Maybe i can suggest a low cost replacement with agp4x for the mobo that could use the same cpu and case for now.
    athlon xp-m@2456mhz(12x204)
    tt aquariusII liquid cooled/ arctic silver ceramique
    asus a7n8xe-dlx
    thermaltake xaserIII lanfire
    bfg 6800gt
    seagate sataII 250gb/seagate 7200rpm 160gb ide
    samsung dvdrw
    2x1024 kingston hyper-x pc3200/ windows xp pro sp3
    logitech mx518/ logitech wingman rumble
    2x samsung 955df 19"/ canon i960
    creative x-fi fatal1ty 64mb/ altec lansing 251-5.1
    mushkin 550w

opteron 146 @ 2850 (10x285)
    DFI infinity nf4 ultra
    thermaltake tsunami dream -black
    seagate sataII 500gb
    evga 8600gt oc ssc edition
    samsung sata dvd-rw
    2x1024 ocz black
    logitech ifeel/ nec accusync 75f
    ocz fatal1ty 550w

An i810 mobo is very unlikely to have an AMD in it but other than Intel only a VIA CPU can fit it though HP has never used those to my knowledge so it would have to be a PIII or Celery. : omg:

9. Default

Not sure how those HP systems are set up but I've also got onboard everything and when I reformatted for a new HD I made sure I didnt install the video nor sound as I have my own cards in there and they work fine. Have you tried reformating perhaps?

Thread Information