Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Updating 4 in 1 problem

Thanks for the info. I forgot about giving more details on the "Have Disk" option (and you don't need to put it on floppy). Do it from your hard drive (click the Browse button), and go to the folder suggested above by 3dboiler.

The name of the file I pointed to was ViaMach.inf.

It is located in the inf folder of the unzipped 4 in 1 exe file and the SUB folder was WINXP.

I was also asked if I wanted to update the CPU standard host to PCI or the VIA Tech CPU to PCI bridge. I chose the VIA Tech.

I had no warning about it not being signed.

Got it finally! Had to point it to viamach.inf in the inf/winxp folder. The only way it would load! Geez, what a pain - you still had to use "have disk" and then choose " cpu to pci" in the menu of choices, then it said something like "you better not load this because you'll be sorry", but I ignored it and loaded it anyway. It works, but didn't notice any performance gain at all....

Thanks everyone for your help! :)

Whoot.. glad you finally got things to load

I'm glad that ya's finally got it sorted.

Sorry but sometimes us older hands tend to sometimes leave out little bits of info that we probably think of as .... say "so everyday" that we sometimes just plain forget them. Of course we try not to but it just sometimes happens.
    <center>:cheers:</center>

I didn't notice any performance improvement with the CPU to PCI driver but the AGP driver made a huge difference for me.

A lot of times you won't see any performance increase but a lot of ppl usually get better stability from them which is usually preferred by most. The main reason these days for so many driver updates is the infinate hardware combinations now available, a few years ago we probably only had a quarter (if that) of what's available now in choices, so that's what most drivers now are for to address the problems with certain known configurations mainly. :)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

An ezy 'r way to do it is under the system compatabillity tab for the 4in1 installer Check the win2000 option and it will install the other via option disabled by XP

i'm glad all of you are up on this new driver stuff...here goes
    az11ea motherboard with kt133a chipset, 40 gig,512,10/100 card,cnr modem, 2way sat(usb). Trying to install logitech quick cam and my machine won't accept the driver.Logitech's web site says i need 4in1 driver and a"usb filter driver". My machine has 2 backside usb ports and pins for 2 frontside ports but i haven't found a cable for the latter. I used a belkin 4 port hub in the second backside port and am running hp photosmart card reader with no problem. Any help would be great!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information