Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4n1 or bios flash 1st

i'm with darth on this topic, however, Orestis has a very true method to clean up a *******ised 98 install, and the CDROM thing is a ***** when u do it with a PC u worked on and ya forgot to dump the win98 cd on it, thank god for spare 500Mb HDs :D
    sKuLLsHoT
    www.morb.ath.cx

My point here is, if the flashing doesn't screw anything up, don't reinstall.......I've done quite a few flashes myself with no problem, in 486/Pentium/Ppro/P2/P3/AMD mobos and a few graphic cards....... I don't know what kind of board caused you all this trouble after the flash.......

The OS, should be able to cope with a BIOS upgrade, unless the first BIOS edition was totally screwed up....

Anyway, I'm not against your method Darthanion, but the "must" of reformatting after the flash is a bit exaggerated.... (15+ flashes and never had to do it)

A final thought......After having installed windows/linux for so many times, I've gotten bored of the reformatting/reinstalling routine...I used to use the format method a lot for getting my system back to shape.......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information