Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Intel's thermal plans chill fan makers

If they do that i think i may coose not to be a "validated" consumer... wait... im already not as i dont buy Intel... oh well...:geek:

Someone above said AMD would love for this to happen and they are correct - at least for our enthuaists market which I remind you is about 1% of the total PC market.

Imagine if Intel do this, I would image many cooling companies would stop producing Intel coolers (or coolers with adapters for Intel processors) and just focus on AMD.

Then as a result, many enthuaists would only buy AMD processors because theres the quality OC heatsinks out for them to buy and get the most out of their processors, compared to using stock Intel coolers.

Silly move Intel, wake up!
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

I almost hope intel does do this, and the result will be a boost to AMD...it's been a loss to me why so many ppl still use intel's chips anyway
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Hey just imagine if ya had to be a "validated" customer to get an upgrade? :eek:

I was goin' to build that P4 setup this week but I'm not so sure now. :?:

I was goin' to use a Volcano 7+ on that too. :D
    <center>:cheers:</center>

You can bet that the next versions of the Intel CPU's will be hot.
    They say the electrons leaking now are what is causing most of the heat problems and without a major change in architecture it is only going to get worse.

Who's validating the watercoolers:?:
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

ohh god no... lol
    i was just going to oc. my 2.4....
    well it will be good for AMD cuz they'll have better coolers ofc... but i think P4 Northwood cores can overclock more than the XP's..... (Is that Right? is p4 more overclockable than AMD even if they have a little weak Heat sink? kinda confused betweek those run!):?: )

Family guy = (omg, the goverment is here........... run flappy

i doubt it, it's been a while since i've done any checking on the pentium sceen, but you can't unlock the multiplier on a p4 (right?), but you can on a XP =)

Yes bein' able to manipulate the multiplier is a great plus as ya can really work the FSB limits then with some good quality memory. :devil win
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tweak
    Imagine if Intel do this, I would image many cooling companies would stop producing Intel coolers (or coolers with adapters for Intel processors) and just focus on AMD.

Then as a result, many enthuaists would only buy AMD processors because theres the quality OC heatsinks out for them to buy and get the most out of their processors, compared to using stock Intel coolers.
    Never happen, making Intel coolers is too valuable for HSF comapnies to not spend the money to get 'em validated... and even if they did stop, it wouldnt make a real difference in what enthusiasts buy. The market doesnt follow HSF's, HSF's follow the market, even among us tweakers... thats just how it is.

Intel moved its Knight and we Pawns think its dumb cause it gives us a run for the other side of the board... but all the while the Knight has its eyes set on the King(General Public) Strategic Metaphor... i think so... :shoot3:

yes, but i don't think this is a very smart move for intel, we'll just have to see...dosn't really matter a whole hell of a lot to me though, seeing as I'm a huge AMD fan anyway

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information