Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SiS 735

just go check out pricewatch, their probably about even..

Quote Originally Posted by Darthtanion
    My current board cost only about US more than these "Value Boards"...AND it has the KT266A chipset, which is awesome by the way. :D
    I hear ya on that one. :) If I had my choice between a "value" SiS mobo for $70.00 and a KT266A board for $90.00, I'd go with the latter.
    Cyrix Makes Everything Better

The price difference over here in Australia is much, much wider sadly. :cry:
    <center></center>

Cyrix,

What the advantage of the KT266A over the SIS735? Is the advantage the mobo manufacturer or is it the chip set?

Both...

as a rule the KT266a chipset does offer better performance than the SIS735 - but there will be differences in performance between motherboard manufacturers as well

the actual performance difference between a good quality non-OC'd SIS735 and a similar KT266a is measurable in benchmarks, but probably not noticable in gameplay or any regular PC use.

I breifly looked at the SIS735 Elitegroup board - I can get it for $79cdn (that's $52US), as opposed to $175cdn for the 8KHA+, but lack of OC'ing features is what made me decide against it.

I have the elite group board and it rocks ok oc is not YET avail but they're working on it the reason being is that they want to have it down pat before they release a bios with that function eventhough oc bios's are available they were service bios and not comsumer release's.in other words elite will not release a comsumer release till the oc function is as stable as its board is.
    btw the ECS K7S5A is a extremely stable board and very fast
    i've had mine running since day one and no crashs everthe only time I've ever rebooted it was after installing new software that required a reboot for the rest of the time 24/7.I've heard some people complaining about it and also the oc but for me my 1.4 mhz cpu is fast enough os I see no use to oc it right now.
    i've tried the 1600 xp but don't see much improvement between that 1.4 ghz cpu or my ath thunderbird 1.4 Really not worth the extra bucks I find anyhow opinions may differ LoL

i built a computer on an elite 735 and it ran prime95 for 18hrs straight fine. kick ass board, and CHEAP too!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information