Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New VIA IDE patch

Actually, its 'Tid-bits'

Admit it - tit sounds nicer ;)
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

tit's all the way! :p
    My System:
    AMD XP1700+@XP2000
    ECS K7S5a Motherboard
    512 MB PC2700 DDR Ram
    Geforce 2 Pro 64 MB

VIA:shoot2: then VIA= :thumb: :cheers:

Anyways, VIA sucks ass with windows xp. The pci latency patch didn't do anything but slow my Aopen AK33 down. I am having so much trouble with the stupid VIA KT133 chipset, I am seriously considering purchasing a fine Elitegroup motherboard...HAR..
    <font color="darkgreen">God's l33t Counter-Striken Box - Powered by Jeff K and Vanilla Ice<br>- AMD Duron 800 - ECS K7S5A motherboard - Thermaltake Volcano II w/ 60mm<br>- Gainward GeForce3 TI 200/450 - 512mb ****ty SDR ram<br>- Aopen Full Tower modded case - 3Com NIC card - Sony Trinitron Flatscreen 17"<br>- Promise ATA66 IDE Controller - Seagate 60gb 5400rpm - Western Digital 13gb 5400rpm<br>- hp cd16 16x10x40 cdrw - Altec Lansing ATP3 Speakers - Mistsumi Mirror Floppy Drive<br>- 5 80mm case fans + 2 92mm case fans - Immeasurable Power and Omnipotence</font></p>

God,
    Please fix your signature for size.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Maybe the size of the sig is what's slowin' his PC down. ;)

how can you say VIA sucks god. What others do you think perform better?

SIS?, try and overclock with this one
    Ali?. are you serious
    Intel?
    Nvidia, yeah maybe if it didn't cost so much
    AMD?can you find one of these?

Anyway you may not like the chipset, but the VIA name has stood for awhile as one of the best. Maybe it is your board?

No, God is right on one thing. The Kt133 (not A) chipset sucked balls. VIA is an excellent chip maker and very well respected, but just like everyone else they try to get their products out too quickly. kt266 (not A) - can you even find those anymore? Sure, but why would you buy one?

Its also not his board, i have an Asus A7V (KT133) and even thou it is Asus and it is for the most part very fast and very stable, it does have its bad days. Which tends to be every day if i try to O/C, and believe me it is the mobo.

Just my thoughts on VIA, they are the only chip manufacturer that i would buy motherboards based on, but they aren't flawless (i.e. KT133)

Really the fault wasn't VIA's but the manufacturers tryin' to push their products out to quickley as you'll find all the early release one's that 1st came out very quickly had revisions done to fix manufacturing faults. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

<--agrees with Jedi Agent. God will you stop going on about how much VIA sucks, ur mobo may suck, its chip set may suck but via does NOT suck.:no: :no: :no:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information