Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New VIA IDE patch

99 times out of 100 when VIA chipsets have "problems" it is P.E.B.K.A.C. at fault.

Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

Agreeing wit Wiggo.
    Anytime a company in this business tries to push out a product a couple of weeks ahead of time, they tend to have minor problems, sometimes only a bios fix, sometimes a newer revision.

But again, if you had to vote - VIA, SiS, or ALi ???
    They only other real option is Intel, and i wont even comment.

It's always interesting to look at the "best" chipsets released, many of them have been buggy as hell in the first revision, but have gone on to become legendary. Take the Intel 440BX - probably the best chipset EVER IMHO. Boards based on this chipset at its release (April 1998) required several BIOS revisions, but once this was sorted out the combination of i440BX + Pentium II very nearly sent AMD bankrupt.

Same with others like the VIA products, they have been buggy as first, but are very nice products now :)
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

Nothing wrong with the VIA chipset drivers. Use the newest one. The KT133 is not the same as the KT133A I understand. I'm running 2 OS's using VIA 4 in 1 4.36 version. Is there newer?? System seems pretty happy with them. Actually you have to install the OS, then immediately install the drivers for the MB B4 you do any more adjusting, such as video, sound etc. They all hinge on whether the drivers are talking to the right gates to get the message across. Kind of like herding cattle down alonside a fence and when you get to the pasture you want them to go into, the damn gates shut, and ya have to open it up and gather everybody back up. LOL

I like tit also.. bettern than loos and lots more intersting than trolleys! *G* I like every little tit bit I can get my hand on or sink my teeth into.. ROFLMAO

kind or a bitey remark,huh? for an old feller like me!

Have some wine!
    Cheers!
    "Former Nebraskan... fix it with bailin' wire."
    Vern

SYSTEM:
    MULTIBOOT -> Windows XP, ME and Mandrake 9.2 Linux

Abit KV8-MAX3
    AMD 64 Clawhammer 3200+

Kingston Hyper X 1GB DDR CAS 2 set agressively!
    Custom fan cooler for CPU
    USB 2.0 all onboard no card
    GeForce4 MX440 AGP 64MB DDR Video Card
    10/100 NIC 3Com onboard
    Leadtek TV 2000 XP video input card PCI
    160 GB ATA 133 Maxtor HD 8MB buffer
    350 W Enermax PS
    Toshiba DVD ROM drive
    Yamaha CD Burner
    Pioneer DVR-105 DVD Burner
    Logitec optical mouse on adapter
    DW 6000 Satellite 2-Way internet connection

jenefarm@direcway.com

Well guys, I may be from the past about this one...but I just read a big thread at Madonion.com about the 4-in-1's don't install properly and you would have to install them manualy to get them to even take.

Just check the version dates and the manufacturer to see if you are using the standard WinXP drivers or the current 4-in-1's that you have been installing

This is all NEW news to me...just slap me and tell me to shut up if you all know about this

SLAP!
    No im kidding. I've never had a prob installing 4in1's late in the game, but ill take the advise freely and use that the next one i build.

Knockers was always a laugh fer me. :eek:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information