Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how to hook up my playstation 2 to my computer

Default Re: how to hook up my playstation 2 to my computer

wtf are you talking about jd?

i've got a creative audigy sound card in my computer
    and have agot digital optical cables for my ps2
    does anyone know how to hook the two together?
    i want san andreas in surround sound:D

Hi,
    I have a similar problem. I have a s-video in plug and I can connect my playstation to it, however I can only get to see it in a window (I have power cinema, its fairly basic) which is about half the size. I can see it when I go to 'image capture'. I wondered if there was any other software I could get that would recognize my tv card, and that would let me play full screen?
    Cheers

Talking Re: how to hook up my playstation 2 to my computer

OK, here's the thing...everybody has told you about tv tuners and/or capture cards and/or sound cards, you are going to pay some money for a good card that does not bog down your system, then I'm assuming you don't want to loose your graphix capabilities, then you also want your sound, to do what every one suggested is ok but then you'll deal with the dreaded problem...how much room do you have available for expantion cards, only 1 or 2 left ?, I recomend for you looking into an 'All-In-Wonder' product, with its own memory & processor, there are many types depending on who liscenced it from ATI, see which suits your needs best, I get the idea you want the most without getting toooo crowded (like me, I have about every video game console & I play MMORPG's as well, so my comp. desk is quite tight at one time). The 9600 series are very good and can be relativly inexpensive, Good Luck, hope this has been usefull :)

By the way, if you do get ANY kind of card, don't pay someone to put in in for you at the store, 99% of expantion & replacement equipment for comps. are PNP, the item 'tells' the computer what it is & sets itself up for optimal useage, if you are still worried, try to remember, you are at a collage, get one of the computer geeks (like me) to set you up :)

Enjoy !!!

Charon

Greetings....I don't mean to sound like a dumbass...But I'm still a total beginner when it comes to cables and such in computers, hardware all of the complex stuff >< lol...

So...Please don't rip me apart for being a learner....*ahem* I too am trying to figure out how to hook up PS to play through either a computer or laptop, or a Computer Monitor...I only have one TV in the house and I'm not aloud to use it for PS2, as its 'the family TV' >< So I'm looking for other ways, as another TV would be too expensive for me right now ><

Here's what I have, if you need any additional info, please ask me in a easy way for me to get that info for you, thanks.

I have a HP Pavillion dv2120us Notebook/Laptop.
    NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 Graphics (With up to 128MB shared video memory),
    integrated 5-in-1 digital media reader.
    Windows XP Media Center Edition.
    AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-52 (1.6GHz, 512KB + 512KB L2 cache, up to 1600MHz system bus)

Ports I know what are lol: 3 USB, S-Video In, a port for a monitor, (not sure what exactly the port is, I forgot the name, but its the higher def then the S-Video I guess? Another port I can't tell what is, has the dots though like the S-Video. and a really small port I have no idea how to find out what is >< (These are all on the left of my computer, cept 2 of the USB ports)

Then of the front is a SPDIF Jack o.O Headphone/speaker jack, and a mic jack.

And everyone here seems to already know the PS2 ports/jacks/hook ups.

So....I'd like PS2 to play through my laptop or a monitor with speakers instead of TV or a stereo if possible. Thanks....Anything else you need to know though, ask, but please, nicely....Like I said....I'm a beginner with this stuff ><

Oh, and I don't have any of those Capture Cards etc ><

~Enigmatic~
    Last edited by EnigmaticEngel; 04-07-2010 at 05:29 AM.

You will have to buy a tv-tuner /w RCA jacks (external/internal) which might cost more or less $30. There is no other and cheaper way to connect your PS2 without having to buy that piece of equipment. Please correct me if I am wrong, anyone.

OP! - I don't know squat about tv tuners and software for it, but i know few things about audio and video;

1- you SQ (sound quality) wont be improved by running it though the computer (if you have a NICE 5.1 HT system it will have a nice amplifier with crossovers- just use RCA and hook it up straight to the Ht system (if you want surround just split the cables (buy or make a splitter)- you cannot get true surround sound from a stereo source no matter how good you sound card is- plus most of sound cards are just for converting digital to analog sound and their quality is based on how well they do that- correct me if I'm wrong here but any analog amplifier will provide better SQ)- budget for this part should not exceed $30...

2.- Video Quality will be improved not the resolution- depending on your TV vs Monitor quality- If you are using DVI or D-SUB then there are converters directly to S-Video or RCA video input- just get that- budget for this part should not exceed $15.... if you want to go fancy to optical- well it will be pointless because you are starting with RCA (as far as i know PS2 doesn't come with HD- 1080p resolution ;])... like they say you can polish a turn but it will still be a turd...

bottom line- don't even run it through your PC- hope that helps

PS- If anyone interested helping me with modding my PS2- http://forums.tweaktown.com/f65/ps2-...-center-39218/

Cheers
    Last edited by Lazyluke; 04-23-2010 at 02:36 PM. Reason: PS

i dont know bcz i have no playstation .For cheap zhu zhu pets*please see the Zhu Zhu pets hamsters site where you can buy Zhu Zhu hamsters at low prices.
    Last edited by boskey; 05-21-2010 at 02:38 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information