Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ps2 sucks + playstation defense

most ppl i have talked to about gta3 say it is better on pc, since you can

1: have your own music
    2: improved graphics
    3: add your own skins
    4: improved control

sure sitting in front of a tv with the game is good, no denying that, but the actual game is made better on pc, though i apprecieate what you are saying

also vice city will be released on pc later, but they could nock up a version on ps2 quicker, because of the simpler achitexture (one machine type, instead of millions of pc types) and the game has been out longer

xbox IS outselling gamecube now, and as for your comment about the gameboy advance being outdated, IT IS A HANDHELD CONSOLE AND HAS NO COMPETITORS, not in the same league as the other 3. unless you carry your ps2 around with you on the train to work that is :D

The way you express both of your opinions is what i always thought of ps2 gamers, only like their own, and don't care for new competition (sounds like in-breeders)

i didn't deny the fact that sony and nintendo has a history, in fact i remember saying that.

also ninteno and sony were going to make the SNES-CDrom, but ninteno snubbed sony, so sony made the ps1 just to piss them off, so originally wasn't designed to be a major console

blinx is a platfromer on xbox (big title, talked about quite a bit and hard to miss unless you were living under a rock for years, or playing ps2 for that matter) and has time warbing abilities. you can pause time, so you can dodge objects, rewind to replace broken bridges, etc, and record youreslf distrating an enemy, and replay the scene with you going around the back while your recorded self is occupying the enemy. if thats not a new idea, then what is??

just because someone appears that is some serious competition, doesn't mean you have to hate it, just respect it

i used to respect ps2 when it came out, but now that i am a pc gamer and an xbox gamer, i have to put up with constant ranting about (false) reports of xbox damaging discs and 'huge' controller issues.

like i said before, i still have respect for gamecube, as the owners tend to respect all platforms, NOT JUST THEIR OWN!!!!

message to all ps2 gamers
    show the xbox and pc some respect, and we will show ours to the ps2

p.s
    if you think that there is no new ideas in the gaming community, the same could be said about films, couldn't it? and if you dont like the way 'no' games are doing anything new try something else, like a card game, since they are all variations on a theme

poker is a card game
    snap is a card game

therefore they must be the same, right???
    that is what you were saying about first person shooters and rts games right???

and the same argument you said for fps and rts games can be said for the other genres you mentioned, even more so infact.

racing, hmmm.....drive cars around a track, how can you change that

beat em ups, hmmm..... beat up people, err add walls, large arenas, not really any inovation to that

and you have the cheek to call me a fan boy

Beefy Guest

Originally posted by albatraous
    most ppl i have talked to about gta3 say it is better on pc, since you can

1: have your own music
    2: improved graphics
    3: add your own skins
    4: improved control

sure sitting in front of a tv with the game is good, no denying that, but the actual game is made better on pc, though i apprecieate what you are saying

Can I ask why you think it's better though? Personally (like everything else I say), I prefer the graphics on the PS2 version. The PC version is fairly crisp and sharp, which kind of draws me away from it a little. The PS2 version was filitered slightly to look different, and I liked that. But it all boils down to personal taste.

also vice city will be released on pc later, but they could nock up a version on ps2 quicker, because of the simpler achitexture (one machine type, instead of millions of pc types) and the game has been out longer

Can you give me some proof that Vice City is coming out on PC? All accounts I've seen show that it's PS2 only. Even Rockstar don't show any sign of releasing it. There's been another thread about it here, and the person who said it was going to be released didn't seem to answer once asked for evidence. And knocking up a PS2 version quicker because it's been out longer, etc.. is a load of crap really. Both versions have the game engine in place. Both versions seem to be working equally as well. Hell, for the PC version, they could have easily made it an expansion pack, so they don't have to sell the whole package again. But no...

xbox IS outselling gamecube now, and as for your comment about the gameboy advance being outdated, IT IS A HANDHELD CONSOLE AND HAS NO COMPETITORS, not in the same league as the other 3. unless you carry your ps2 around with you on the train to work that is :D

It may be that way over there, but here in Australia things are different. Due to Microsoft making a strange agreement to only sell X-Boxes from certain retailers, retail outlets carrying the box were considerably less than the other products. When the agreement was lifted, it had already had a negative effect on sales.

As for not being in the same league, I don't think you see my point. You originally talk about things being outdated. Are the graphics on the GBA not outdated? Is the gameplay not unlike that of the SNES? Yeah, sure, it's a portable system, which probably gives it a bit of lee-way in comparison to the others, but my point is still that it's based outdated consoles.

The way you express both of your opinions is what i always thought of ps2 gamers, only like their own, and don't care for new competition (sounds like in-breeders)

So we are being stereotyped now for our opinions? Oh, and we must be inbreeders as well... Normal people can't have strong opinions about something. My mistake... I like how you classify me as a ps2 gamer. Considering I spend more time on my PC and Gamecube than on my PS2. But I'm sticking up for the console while someone bashes it, so I must be a ps2 gamer...

i didn't deny the fact that sony and nintendo has a history, in fact i remember saying that.

You did say that? Where?

also ninteno and sony were going to make the SNES-CDrom, but ninteno snubbed sony, so sony made the ps1 just to piss them off, so originally wasn't designed to be a major console

And the relevance of this is...? While I'm impressed of your console history, I still fail to see how this relates to anything.

blinx is a platfromer on xbox (big title, talked about quite a bit and hard to miss unless you were living under a rock for years, or playing ps2 for that matter) and has time warbing abilities. you can pause time, so you can dodge objects, rewind to replace broken bridges, etc, and record youreslf distrating an enemy, and replay the scene with you going around the back while your recorded self is occupying the enemy. if thats not a new idea, then what is??

Like I said, I wasn't sure of Blinx and what it was. However, I went and did my research. And yeah, it's a damn fine idea. But I think that one's more aimed at ollever than me. I agree with you on that one.

just because someone appears that is some serious competition, doesn't mean you have to hate it, just respect it

Who's hating anything? You were the one that started the PS2 bashing thread. Was it really necessary to start in the first place?

i used to respect ps2 when it came out, but now that i am a pc gamer and an xbox gamer, i have to put up with constant ranting about (false) reports of xbox damaging discs and 'huge' controller issues.

Again, what has this got to do with anything? It doesn't really lead anywhere, does it? You say you used to respect the PS2, but then don't give a reason for not respecting it, then you bring up a couple faults in the X-Box? Huh? BTW, if there are a couple reports about something, then it could be coincidence. But if many people report it, then there is a problem. You and people you know may not be affected by it, but I guarantee it is real.

like i said before, i still have respect for gamecube, as the owners tend to respect all platforms, NOT JUST THEIR OWN!!!!

I'm all for that as well. That's why I've had so many different consoles.

message to all ps2 gamers
    show the xbox and pc some respect, and we will show ours to the ps2

I don't remember anyone here disrespecting those two systems, so why start this whole argument? Remember, you are the one who did start all this.

if you think that there is no new ideas in the gaming community, the same could be said about films, couldn't it?

Hell yes.

and if you dont like the way 'no' games are doing anything new try something else, like a card game, since they are all variations on a theme

poker is a card game
    snap is a card game

therefore they must be the same, right???
    that is what you were saying about first person shooters and rts games right???

and the same argument you said for fps and rts games can be said for the other genres you mentioned, even more so infact.

racing, hmmm.....drive cars around a track, how can you change that

beat em ups, hmmm..... beat up people, err add walls, large arenas, not really any inovation to that

I stated more than names of games in a genre to show how alike they were. I was a little blunt about it though. Sure, military FPS do differ from futuristic / historic FPS and so on, but for gameplay they are all based on the same idea. You can't seriously think that snap and poker are anything alike. Yeah, they are card games. But I didn't group the others as just 'computer games' did I?

But yeah, you are right. The others are much alike. BUT again you missed the point. What I was getting at is that these genres aren't as dominant on some systems as others. Like I said, fighting games don't appear on PC... FPS hardly appear on console.

and you have the cheek to call me a fan boy

Yeah, yeah I do. Need I remind you again that YOU are the one that started the thread, with an uninformed view of the console. You've given us some more to think about now, but originally it was all just bashing away at the PS2. Totally uncalled for. And at what point did I promote any system above any other? Like I've been saying, I'll play anything. I do play anything. I'm not gonna say this system is better than that system. Unlike yourself. Yeah, I did say I didn't like the X-Box much, but I still didn't say it was a crap console. It's a damn fine console. It just doesn't hold any interest for me. Don't mean I need to start threads about how crap it is.

This is the whole reason I closed the first thread. Arguments like this have happened before around here, and they don't lead anywhere because different people have differing views. Whether it's due to them being misinformed / misled, I don't know. People's tastes do differ though. I'm gonna merge these two threads and let it run for a bit.

also, even though i do have a pc system that can handle all of the currnet games, and quite a few ones not yet released, there is still the fear that my pc will lack that certian something that a game requires. With my PS2 (or any console for that matter) at least at the moment, all of the components inside are not upgradable, guaranteeing the fact that all new games for that system should work. All i have to worry about is the release of its replacement, (PS3...Xbox 2.... (im not currently sure what nintendos future plans are)) and since game systems have had a history of being pushed back over and over again, (and the fact that PS3 is scheduled to be released in 2005) i have at least 3ish years to wait until my console anxieties resurface (unless of course the thing breaks or whatnot). And from experience, if you were to spend the same ammount of money on an entertainment system, as you would upgrading or buying a new pc over 3 to 5 years(which is about the lifespan of a console before something new comes out) you would end up with a pretty sweet entertainment system..... And really, televisions.... stereos.... cd-players and whatnot have kept their prices pretty steady for quite a while. Yah, theres HDTV adn a coulpe of new technologies coming out........ the foreward movement of these technologies have been slow to unmoving at times..... even if we were forced to change to one of these technologies, the cost would be almost insignificant as compared to a video card.... new processor or mobo... and you would only have to do it once....
    Now im definately not saying ... dont upgrade youre computer, as i know none of you will (nor will I for that matter) but yah..
    Also i sort of prefer the limited capabilities that the lesser amount of buttons a console offers. It allows oneself to complete the task at hand as well as not require an extremely intense learning curve as to which keyboard key does what and for each game the key pressed is often related to the function it performs..... nice.... but in the english language, and many others.... there can be many many many different words that describe the same exact thing. And there is no real standard for it, nor can there be... as different games require different functions..... i.e a card game would more than likely use the 'd' key to deal (ms games use a function but still its an example) where a racing game would probably need the d key to down-shift....
    I personally like putting myself into the game, being the character, and feeling like i am part of the environmet that the programmers built for me than having to be broken away fom that environment each time i had to remember what letter i need to use.... for a word i cant even remember at the moment..... Yah, i like PC games.... but i cant handle the mental fatigue involved in playing the variety and number of games that i play, and trying to kemember each of the key configurations..... they say 2 heads are better than one, but buttons...... wouldnt you rather have 16 of them than 104, to do the same thing?????

and for our first post..... I think the creator was going for a 'realism' theme.... what current technology that can fit on a single person and allow them to move to you suggent they use??? I mean yah there are some things out there somewhat.... but theyre really put there so a broader audience with an attention span shorter than 7+ hours of waiting until a patrol shift occurs.... so you can move 4 feet and do the same thing over again...... as would be the case if that were to happen in reality most likely.

Wink Re: ps2 sucks + playstation defense

Quote Originally Posted by albatraous View Post
    ps2 sucks, it is outdated and the games are all so similar

look at mgs2 compared to splinter cell or thief and tell me that the "stealth" is great, i mean, you hide in a box for ****s sake, what sort of stealth is that.

pc is the best gaming platform, and xbox is based on pc architexture, thus making it the best console

they may not have as many games, but its quality not quantity
    Thanks for let us know

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information