Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PS3

PS2 bay is for a hard drive for the Linux kit. Buddy of mine has one, VNCs to his PS2 from his upstairs computer.

Yes, he's a little off ;)

The PlayStation 3 will have a three-disc multi-changer, Bluetooth and internet connectivity. That's the word from design consultancy seymourpowell, which T3 asked to draw up a design of the next-generation console. The company's vision for the PS3,which it dubs the 'Sony Network PlayStation', looks amazing.

In its design, games come on mini-DVDs, although the console can still play PS1 and PS2 games. The upper section of the mushroom-like PlayStation screws onto the base to cover unsightly ports. Broadband Internet gaming comes as standard, of course, and Memory Sticks replace existing memory cards. The controller is virtually unchanged, although you can plug a headset in, and it's wireless - using Bluetooth, naturally. A hard drive is inside, with fast chips from IBM and NVidia powering the visuals, creating stunning game worlds. But that's not all - this PS3 can be embedded into other devices such as PCs, tablets, cars and planes.

Sadly, we'll have to wait a year or two before the real thing comes along, but it's good to dream.

hm, i would think m$ has nvidia by the balls
    -|Soyo Dragon kt400 - XP 1600+ - 1 GB pc2700 - radeon 9700pro- Amstel Light|-

-|Mystery Mobo - celeron 1.2 - 256 whatver sdram - geforce4mx440 - Coors Light|-

Sounds pretty sweet ! And I don't even like consoles - PC devotee- that might change (dual platform-hehe)
    SPAM Special Ops

Thats gonna be cool, hard to wait but until then I will still get lots of fun with my Dreamcast (when i'm not here) or playing mech or red faction......or doing something realy stupid with a computer.
    Everybody forgot (if they even knew in the first place) that it was the first online console, and the only 1 so far right out of the box at launch. Sony and m$ were too slow at that. Most console gamers here waited for gamecube.
    Many years ago , I promised myself I would never get more than 1 console per generation.
    athlon xp-m@2456mhz(12x204)
    tt aquariusII liquid cooled/ arctic silver ceramique
    asus a7n8xe-dlx
    thermaltake xaserIII lanfire
    bfg 6800gt
    seagate sataII 250gb/seagate 7200rpm 160gb ide
    samsung dvdrw
    2x1024 kingston hyper-x pc3200/ windows xp pro sp3
    logitech mx518/ logitech wingman rumble
    2x samsung 955df 19"/ canon i960
    creative x-fi fatal1ty 64mb/ altec lansing 251-5.1
    mushkin 550w

opteron 146 @ 2850 (10x285)
    DFI infinity nf4 ultra
    thermaltake tsunami dream -black
    seagate sataII 500gb
    evga 8600gt oc ssc edition
    samsung sata dvd-rw
    2x1024 ocz black
    logitech ifeel/ nec accusync 75f
    ocz fatal1ty 550w

Sounds pretty sweet ! And I don't even like consoles - PC devotee- that might change
    Don't count on it. Even HDTV's are still only 800 X 600, which means console will always be greatly limited. I don't know if you have every tried watching some PC games on a TV with a TV out feature, but you can't see ANYTHING at a distance. I mean, Q3 on "The Longest Yard" you can barely even see the rail platform, much less rail a guy standing on it.

TV's are great for TV, but until TV's start to support 1280 X 1024 or 1600 X 1200, consoles will always just be 'posers'. But by the same token, you gotta start somewhere, and a unit a 6 year old can't screw up will continue to be the console niche.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

TV's are great for TV, but until TV's start to support 1280 X 1024 or 1600 X 1200, consoles will always just be 'posers'. But by the same token, you gotta start somewhere, and a unit a 6 year old can't screw up will continue to be the console niche.
    Amen brother!!

Once i hooked up to my tv for kicks and played warcraft 3. Forget about that......
    -|Soyo Dragon kt400 - XP 1600+ - 1 GB pc2700 - radeon 9700pro- Amstel Light|-

-|Mystery Mobo - celeron 1.2 - 256 whatver sdram - geforce4mx440 - Coors Light|-

I hate all this speculation crap. I remember when the gamecube was going to look like a dolphin. I doubt in the next generation Sony will be the dominant one. I think they will be too in to making it the best and the fastest and lose track of why PS2 is doing so well (the games). What Sony will be doing will be a ***** for game programmers. Anyway, my thoughts are that Xbox 2 will come out first because they hated coming out late with the Xbox, then Nintendo's next system, then Sony. I think that Xbox will have the upperhand and have a lot of good games and as always Nintendo will have its classics and do well as always and I think Playstation 3 will be crap. And I'm not a Sony hater, I have every single gaming system that has come out. I just don't like their approach.

Klapaucius: According to Microsoft's CEO Steve Ballmer, the Xbox2 won't be out until 2006. Sony's PS3 is scheduled for 2005, but many believe it may not see the light of day until 2006 either.

PS3 speculation
    As the PSX launches, news of the PS3 surfaces...

Speculation concerning the Playstation 3 was a constant theme across internet news sites yesterday, as Sony's chief technology officer confirmed that production of the PS3's much-discussed Cell microprocessor will begin in the latter half of 2005, which has encouraged many industry types to believe that a Spring 2006 launch seems most likely.

A brand new facility in Nagasaki Prefecture will apparently manufacture the new chips; a rumoured eight of which will be used in parallel for the PS3. This news came at the close of Sony's PSX introduction; as the technical officer commented on the scale of the new PS2 chips used, which allow the integration apparent in the PSX, and mentioned that the new 90 nanometre production process will be used on the Cell microprocessor, too.

Taipei Times

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information