Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PS2 mod chip

i been doing some research about PS2 mod chip and there are a lot of them...does anyone know which mod chip is the most stable and functional mod chip for the PS2?

ok before u get a mod chip there is a way of going around it. there are Boot Cds that you can install and boom no more need of mod chip. thease Cds are hard to find so i dont know where u are going to get one, if u are going to use P2P its best that u do a virus check on the file and also try to see if its not a fake of some sort cause some of them will mess up your PS2, may be try and talk to the person offering it. Or try to find somewhere online some one selling the cd. If u want to get a straight mod chip the solder ones are the best try to look for one that is Stealth. If u want brands and stuff ill try to get a hold of some one when i get back to school, (long weekend now)

is the usb mod chip good?

The USB Modchip seems like it would be good. I don't like the way it replaces the PS2's original USB/Firewire assembly though. You also have to have to have an Action Replay 2, to play PS2 imports. I see some better alternatives out there.

Before I answer further, I just want to verify that it is legal to post on where to get mod chips, just so long as you are using it to play backups of software you actually own, or imports, right?

duno ask wiggo or one of the admins

wait I hear something.....its the admins run!
    I shall stir the gates of hell once more and stare into the jaws of death and laugh, for I will know fear no more.

Beefy Guest

Go for it.

Whee, ok.

You should consider No-Solder Mod Chip Bundle from http://www.modchip.com/ps2/

It has everything you need. It requires no soldering, of course. And can be undone without any remnants, you know like leftover solder or whatnot. I'd say you want that option because what's to tell you if they start to make games that detect the mod chip. They did that with the original Playstation, so you couldn't play the newer games. But with that chip you can just remove it or remove it and get a newer, undetectable version.

If it were down to that, I would choose the No Solder, as the USB Mod seems equally east to install, but it requires you to solder 1 wire. Either way, they both require that you have an Action Replay and do a disc "swap". I'm not too keen on that.

I'd probably get the Magic 3.6 Mod Chip from that same site

I like the fact that it's all inclusive. So you don't need the Action Replay and the disc "swap". It's just tell the chip, through the type of power button press, what type of game you're playing, and put the disc in. It just seems easier to use.

It would be more permanent. Which is not bad. Its harder to install, because of the soldering. If you can or know someone who can solder well, that's not an issue.

Later.

Go to www.gamegizmo.com and order the "Swap Magic PS2 Boot Disc," thats what I have. Less of a hassle than soldering the modchip, costs less, and its not permament. All you need now is a SONY DRU500A for "backup" purposes.

don't buy the usb modchip u still need to solder a cable on the inside people would said wtf is just two points that u need to solder but because of that i lost my ps2 and i took me 3 months before i could get another one besides u void the warranty of your playstation get the modchips that dont need to be soldered i would get something such as a the boot disc i had one for the playstation one. it did wonders i went to blockbuster every week :twisted: and got a copy everytime

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information