Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thermal compounds differences?

No just make it paper thin, if you add to much it wont all get out and it will ruin temps
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

The thin white pastes will be but the thicker silver and copper ones may not squeeze out fast enough before the phase change takes place (about an hr or 2 for the generic stuff but up to 72hr for AS3).

My 2100+ hangs out around 50. With my headsink fan on full blast (sounds like a hair blow dryer on high) it run low to mid 40. I've tried serveral different head sink compounds and application techniques, temps stay the same. I'm a little aprehensive of speending the 8+ dollars with shipping on the AS3 compound.

My next mods are going to be a 92mm fan adaptor for my head sink and a 120cfm top blow fan and a never intake fan. That should get me enough heat disapation for over clocking.:thumb:

The AS3 is worth the money. You get enough to do a TON of HSF changes in each tube and it does drop the temps down. I would say spend the money and toss the white goo where it belongs...in a large Dumpster!

I will change the white stuff to the AS3. :thumb: Today I made a little changes to my cooling; I put my old rear fan to the CPU heatsink and the Enermax´s adjustable model to my rear fan. Now my computer is REALLY quiet with the rear fan (80mm) spinning about 2200rpm, CPU fan (80mm) about 2700rpm and the front case fan (80mm) about 1500rpm! :) My CPU temps are still 46C at idle and max 50C at stress (hopefully the CPU temp drops a couple of degrees when I get the AS3). My mobo temp is also the same 30C as always. I know the CPU temp could be lower but I made a conscious compromise between the temps and noise! :cool: :) :)

Get the higher cfm case fan in the front intake position. ;)

I have Enermax´s adjustable (1000-3000rpm) fan on the front, but I don´t adjust it to spin more than 1500rpm, because it would make much more noise! BTW, the front fan makes noise even with relatively low rpm, because there isn´t actually any hole to the fan (I know, I should´ve bought better case :rolleyes: ), just these tiny holes I have drilled on the front mask (those red circles demonstrates the holes). ;) There is a slot for the front fan though...why couldn´t they make the hole also! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Heh...I forgot the picture :o :o

Well at least there's time left to remedy that. :devil win

BTW, how should I clean the silicon compouns from the CPU. Does it all come out if I just wipe it with paper or do I need to use solvent. :confused: I do know that I have to use solvent when I clean the heatsink of that stuff! ;) :)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information