Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cooling tube!

I finally have the pictures! :thumb: Hereīs the tube:

Here is the holes I drilled to the front mask:

I already removed the tube and after that my temps were 48C at idle and 52C at stress (I think I didnīt put enough AS3 to the heatsink now) . Today I removed those metal plates from the PCI slots (where the tape is in the upper picture) and I put 80mm fan there. The fan spins about 2000rpm and sucks about 25C air in to the case. Putting that fan to the PCI slots is the best thing I have ever done to my computer cooling! My CPU temp dropped 6C and is now constant 42C at idle and about 46C at stress!!! My mobo temp is 27C at idle! Now Iīm satisfied for my temps!! :hammer: :thumb: :thumb:

PS. I may show you some pics if I buy that digicam somewhere in the near future... ;)

darn, i liked that tube :p

OMG, you are REALLY lucky you didn't fry your vid card (or mobo or ram, or anything else, because that TUBE was metal, and if it had touched ANY conductive element, its all over for that component. And don't think 'you had it balanced just right' because if you move your PC, bump it or anything, could have dislodged your tube and bad stuff would have happened.

Never leave anything conductive in your case unless it is securely anchored down, and certainly not touching anything electrically 'hot'
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Tomi_S: You still ought to look at this duct setup ->http://forums.tweaktown.com/showthre...?threadid=9308

might have to read on down a bit. I run 26-27 C temps overclocked at idle and around 30 to 32 at full load. No metal parts inside and the only thing not absolutely securely bolted down is the light styrofoam BurgerKing drink cup, and if it dislodged it's not conductive. That cup, by the way, controls the flow of outside air DIRECTLY into the the CPU HS fan and there is still enough cooling left that it does an admirable job on the rest of the set up.

I have the Power Supply that has an intake and ouput fan out the back... a side case fan 120mm blowing out, and the intake fan over the CPU and of course the CPU fan on the HS.. plus that little fan on the Northbridge. No extra intake or exhaust fans. System runs pretty good that way.

I defenitely would worry about any metal tubes within the case.
    "Former Nebraskan... fix it with bailin' wire."
    Vern

SYSTEM:
    MULTIBOOT -> Windows XP, ME and Mandrake 9.2 Linux

Abit KV8-MAX3
    AMD 64 Clawhammer 3200+

Kingston Hyper X 1GB DDR CAS 2 set agressively!
    Custom fan cooler for CPU
    USB 2.0 all onboard no card
    GeForce4 MX440 AGP 64MB DDR Video Card
    10/100 NIC 3Com onboard
    Leadtek TV 2000 XP video input card PCI
    160 GB ATA 133 Maxtor HD 8MB buffer
    350 W Enermax PS
    Toshiba DVD ROM drive
    Yamaha CD Burner
    Pioneer DVR-105 DVD Burner
    Logitec optical mouse on adapter
    DW 6000 Satellite 2-Way internet connection

jenefarm@direcway.com

The tube was anchored quite well and there was duct tape between the tube and my vid card! ;) :rolleyes: :hammer:

Here you can see the black tape on the tube. I also marked the place where my new fan is. (sorry for the bad picture quality) :p

I bought a Canon Digital Ixus v2 (S200 in USA) this week! :thumb: (Cost 295€...got it tax free from my friendīs company) Anyway, here is the first pic from my cooler in the PCI slot:

...and here it is in another angle:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information