Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cooling tube!

I have noticed that my case ventilation isnīt really good enough, because when I take the case side off, my idle temp drops to 40C and with the side in place itīs 46C.

Today I put home made air tube to blow cool air right to the CPU (from the front intake fan). When I tested the tube my idle temp was about 42-44C and stress max 48C. Now when my comp has been running about 2 hours, my idle temp is 44-46C and stress max 48C. I would think that if there comes cool air (about 22-23C) near to the CPU fan all the time, the temp should go (even more) down and stay down. My mobo temp went up about 4-6C to 33-35C, because I re-directed the airflow to the CPU, but itīs quite low anyway...right? :rolleyes2

The tube I used was 60mm aluminium tube. I made there a 80mm fitting from a tape roll. :hammer: Not very nice looking but it wonīt have to be. My front fan spins about 1500rpm now! (with almost no noise) :thumb:

Hope the temps go down a bit, when the AS3 has achieved itīs full conductivity (I think I had too much of it before) :rolleyes2 :rolleyes2

If I would have a digi cam, I wouldīve shown pics for you, but now I can only show you a rough drawing from that tube thingy:

Interesting mod, curious to see photos.

With the overclocked Radeon in your case u are going to notice high temps. to reduce the ambient temp I your case u may consider a method of dissipating the heat surrounding your video card.

I'm curious to know what case u have, just to see the general layout of it.

Are u aiming for a quiet system, or for a more performance oriented system? Iin the past, I have had the best success with having a higher CFM fan at the rear of the case then at the front. U will also notice some resonance from the front mounted fan.

how about stickin a slot fan right under yur 9700. itll cost ya like 10 bucks an they are pretty high CFM. just a thought :bounce:

Or an 80mm intake fan (34cfm?) in the side cover over the AGP/PCI slot which would not only supply good air to a dead zone but also balance ya case airflow better with 2 fans in and 2 fans out.

My case is Ahanix Audi XP (in here itīs called "ColorCase Elle XP") miditower. When I bought it, I didnīt know you have to get many case fans to fit in, but it cost only about 110€ ($). I know you can get that case for a 50$ from some foreign net store, but in here the price level is little different! :rolleyes:

Iīm trying to get as quiet system as possible, but not in expence of temperatures. With this current setup my comp is very quiet:

Front fan: Enermax manual adjustable 80mm 1000~3000rpm (spinning about 1500rpm)

Rear fan: same (spinning about 2000rpm)

CPU cooling: Thermalright SK-7 heatsink with ~2800rpm fan

PSU cooling: 100mm intake fan and 80 exhaust fan (temp adjustable)

I know I could put one fan to the side panel, but I donīt want to drill there a hole and it may not help much, because there is only about 1,5cm space between the case side and my computer desk.

I can show you pics, but it will take about a week, because I first have to take the pics to a slide film and then I have to take them to scanned somewhere...hope you can wait! :p

I do have a little older pics (old CPU fan, old graphics card, no silencing material), but you will get the general layout of my case. (sorry for the cable mess :o ) I drawed the tube roughly to the picture. :D :D ;) :rolleyes:

Here is my case from the front. Here you can see that there isnīt much space on the sides... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Here is my whole system...

I didnīt find much pics from that case, but here is few:

http://www.aaronix.com/catalog/produ...5daf2b643e22fb

:cheers: :cheers:

PS. I didnīt even know, that the metal plate where the mobo is attatched, can be turn on the side... :rolleyes2 :rolleyes2 :D :thumb:

I've a couple of PC tables here similar to that myself though 1.5cm is plenty I find for the side intakes to function properly.

The shortest route offers the least resistance. I've pasted a link to a thread that has a picture of a duct work that, with air cooling, brings my barton down to low 20 C at idle and once clear down to 16 C with air cooling. This will make your room a bit chilly though, around your desk. My inside temps of my case right now are now only 32 C. If the air comming into my computer is very cold and the CPU HS only slightly warms it up, then that cold air is available for things like the AGP card and others. The exaust air on the side of the case has been down right cold at times.

Ya have to scroll down to see the pic. ;)
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/showthre...?threadid=9308

This is not Spam is it Wiggo??
    "Former Nebraskan... fix it with bailin' wire."
    Vern

SYSTEM:
    MULTIBOOT -> Windows XP, ME and Mandrake 9.2 Linux

Abit KV8-MAX3
    AMD 64 Clawhammer 3200+

Kingston Hyper X 1GB DDR CAS 2 set agressively!
    Custom fan cooler for CPU
    USB 2.0 all onboard no card
    GeForce4 MX440 AGP 64MB DDR Video Card
    10/100 NIC 3Com onboard
    Leadtek TV 2000 XP video input card PCI
    160 GB ATA 133 Maxtor HD 8MB buffer
    350 W Enermax PS
    Toshiba DVD ROM drive
    Yamaha CD Burner
    Pioneer DVR-105 DVD Burner
    Logitec optical mouse on adapter
    DW 6000 Satellite 2-Way internet connection