Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1.4ghz t-bird

I know I posted this before, but I figured it wouldn't get very many people looking at it. Appreciate the help.

Okay, Since I built my computer this summer, I always had this feeling that my temp was too high. I download motherboard monitor 5..and it says my cpu temp is 72 degrees. My case temp, and the other temp are both 23 degrees. It am running a globalwin wbk38 cooler. I did use the thermal tape, just because I was told that it would suffice. If you guys could hook me up with some info, I would appreciate it. If need be, I will order a thermalrigh sk6, with a 50cfm fan and artic silver. I can't lose this processor.

Also, what can I do to cool this processor with my wbk38? I have two 1.4s and I don't want to buy two sk6s. Thanks.

Really, really love the fact that you guys are back up. Great Site!!

1st you should get rid of the termal tape and lap the bottom of the WBK38 then reinstall it using a good heatsink paste which should get ya some better results. ;)
    <center></center>

I agree :o
    Athlon XP 1800 + @ 1600
    Gigabyte Ga-7va KT-400
    ASus Gf4 Ti 4200 128
    Seagate Barracuda III
    512mb Kingmax DDR 333

so you think the wbk38s would work if they had thermal paste on them?? I shouldn't worry about the sk6? How exactly would I go about lapping the heatsink? Just get everything off, and make sure it is smooth??

First get some Arctic Silver II paste.

Second get some Wet + Dry (240) + ( 360) grade sandpaper and
    sand the bottom of your HS til mirror finish ( finish with polish if needed )

Third aply some ASII paste to the cPU die smooth with a Razor Blade and attach the HSF

Hope this helps
    Athlon XP 1800 + @ 1600
    Gigabyte Ga-7va KT-400
    ASus Gf4 Ti 4200 128
    Seagate Barracuda III
    512mb Kingmax DDR 333

Helps a lot. I just ordered some artic Silver II. It will take 3-4 days to get here. Too bad I am building my other 1.4 tomorrow. I don't know if I can wait! Thanks man. Laters.

You should see a big drop in cpu temp with the thermal paste. The tape is just there to keep your cpu from frying upon boot up. :) Let us know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by volton

Second get some Wet + Dry (240) + ( 360) grade sandpaper and
    sand the bottom of your HS til mirror finish ( finish with polish if needed )
    Why would you want to use polish? Wouldn't that actually fill in the spaces that you want the Artic Silver fill. I don't think the heat transfer properties of polish would be nearly as good as the AS.
    Have you hugged a Midget today?

The weirdest thing. I just built this other 1.4..with a globalwin wbk38 cooler on it, and it is running about 30-40 degrees idle. It's not getting hot. Why is this one not getting hot, and the other is cooking?? Thanks. My arctic silver will be in Wednesday.

Sounds like the thermistor may be bad.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information