Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: AMD sys temp very HIGH (56degrees)

Hi yall. I was experiencing reboots,freezes,crashes,blue screens of death(bsod) so I checked my sys and cpu temp. My system temp read 56 degrees and my cpu temp reached 36degrees. On sisoft sandra 2003 it tells me to add a thermal compound to the cpu such as arctic silver. Is the heat the problem? Should I buy some arctic silver(where do I get that?) or should I buy a new fan? Could my cpu fan be blowing the wrong way? I have an athlon XP 2100+, GA-7VRX 2.0 motherboard, Geforce 4 ti4200, 2 case fans(one in PSU and one at front of case) and a stock AMD fan+heatsink. Please help me!
    A good hit is one that is felt and not seen or heard.

Your system temp is higher than you CPU? I assume it is the other way around. But 56 is rather high. Stock HSF don't cool very well IMHO. and perhaps some extra case fans could help to lower the case temperature
    "Make FPS, not war"

Yep the temps are bein' read "back-to-front" but 56C is gettin' to hot for the CPU though givin' us a room temp as well will help in workin' out whether it's just ya HSF or the case airflow as well.

what HSF do you recommend for the cpu?
    I don't know the exact room temp but it is quite cold all the time.
    There are two slots at the back of my case for fans, what are the best quality 80m fans and should they be blowing out or in?
    A good hit is one that is felt and not seen or heard.

I'd remend one of the thermaltake volcano's...either the 7+ or the 11+

rear case fans should be blowing out, front and side fans should be blowing into the case
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Thread Information