Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: HSF Madness!!!

I've scoured the forums for a definitive answer but no luck yet. I have one component left to buy, to complete my long awited for new rig, greatly thanks to the advice i've received from this forum. :thumb: But... now... I have about £20 to replace my cacky stock HS+F on my 2600+ and at the moment am torn between Thermaltake volcano 7+ and Coolermaster aero 7! Has anyone got any advice for me?

Plus: What's your choice of thermal compound. I'm thinking coolermaster's premium shin etsu. ??
    Lian-Li PC61
    Abit NF7-S v2
    Athlon 2600+
    512MB Corsair TwinX 3200
    Radeon 9700pro
    MAudio Omni studio
    WD 36.7GB 10k SATA
    LG GCE-8480B

Im pretty sure most people would agree with me when i say the Volcano 7+.

Thermal Compound would likely be Artic Silver 3

Quote Originally Posted by Dyck15
    Im pretty sure most people would agree with me when i say the Volcano 7+.

Thermal Compound would likely be Artic Silver 3
    I agree those two put together equals some great cooling :thumb:
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

The Volcano 7+ I can definately say will do the job as I use it as standard fitment on all systems that I build though I've heard the other is good to but I havn't personally tried one yet. My 2600+ @ 2.26GHz is very happy even with the Volcano 7+ only usin' medium speed and it runs under full load 24/7.

go with a thermalright hs...the volcanos are good but the thermalright hs's are MUCH better...use a vantec or thermaltake fan.....check the heatsink review at www.overclockers.com
    Barton 2500+ (218x11) - SLK800A w/Vantec Tornado - G-byte GA7N400L1 - 256x2 TwinMOS DDR400 - BBA R9600Pro - Antec 350W

im gonna disagree just to be difficult and say a AlphaPAL8045 with 80mm tornado is the best. i get the lowest temps with the as3.
    -=Gh3tt0PC=-

I personally would go with the Aero 7, and Cooler Master Premium - made by Shin Etsu.

I have used CMPremium and it does WAY better than anything else I have used. The reviews I have read also have shown that as well. It is a lot harder to work with (peanut butter) consistency. Although temps are way lower than others with the same setup.

I have the Aero 7, on have one order and see how it works(with the Shin Etsu Thermal paste as well, with my new setup below. It hasn't been built yet.
    It is also recommended to Lap the HS as well since I just read a review that says they don't come too flat. I LOVE a nice HS/CPU fit, so I do it right the 1st time and spend the extra time lapping it.
    Do it right the 1st time, and it will take care of you........

Things like the fan and the heatsink is all important, but there is another thing that is also important and its the heatsink base. Without proper contact with the CPU die you won't have good performance no matter if you have a heastink made out of diaments with a 15k RPM fan on. It's important that the heatsink base is as smooth and straight as possible, heatsink manufacturers know about this and some of the heatsinks have such exellent bases that you can see yourself in them. However the Aero7 is not one of those heatsinks, but we do notice that CM has worked on the base to make it smooth, I guess it's acceptable.
    pureoc.com

Chez
    SFlower/Kingwin TT-201AB-W 3 window 12 bay Black/Gold ~
    Antec 480Blue modded+UV blue sleeved-hshrink from Pc-perfomance
    A7V8X Deluxe Rev. 2.0 - 2500+ Barton ~ Aero 7+ OR TT 11 Xaser w/ TT fan tube
    MSI Ti4200-VTD8X 8X AGP w/Zalman h-pipe cooler ~ Geil 2 x 512 Cas 2.5 6-3-3-2t w/Blue HS
    WD120JB 7200 8mg Cache ~ Maxtor Quantum Fireball 60GB
    Lite-on 48x24x48x16x CDRW-DVD Black ~ Aopen 56x Cdrom Black
    Enermax 3.5" Fan controller A3FATR2 ~ Round UV Blue cables/Silver braid
    2x12” UV/Blacklight CC Sound/on-off/PCI switch ~ 2x12” Thtake Blue CC Sound/on-off/PCI sw
    ALL wires UV Blue sleeved + Hshrink - Cornea CT 1904 19" LCD BLk/Slvr ~ Microsoft™ Windows XP Pro

Knowledge is POWER

Thread Information