Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Homemade Northbridge Cooler

Quote Originally Posted by zeradul
    AND the biggest problem is that if you make it much bigger you will interfere with 3 PCI slots, and possibly the AGP slot.
    Thats okay, since im ot gonna be using any pci slots or the AGP, untill i can afford a r9500

Ok, even so, there is some componentry in the area, and so I doubt you will be able to fit a crystal orb on it, your best bet would probably be one of the tall zalman northbridge coolers, it is the only northbridge cooler i can think of off hand that doesn't exceed the dimentions of the chip.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Quote Originally Posted by amd_man2003
    Bah, thats what youll be thinkin when im running a 230FSB cranking out wus in under 2hrs : party ha :p :cheers:
    uhhh.. my cpu (xp2600+ t-bred B) is very capable of 230FSB, 233 even (max, both at 1.825V) :p

Okay, Andy, lets just see what my 1700+ TbredB max's out at, If it goes past 230, I hope my RAM can handle it, I WIN!! :p:p J/K
    Wow, this should nearly be moved to the DC forums. :cheers:

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    uhhh.. my cpu (xp2600+ t-bred B) is very capable of 230FSB, 233 even (max, both at 1.825V) :p
    Man the fastest I can get HOS (see sig) to go is 186....sigh.....

have you tried dropping your multiplier down to like 11 or so? also try setting your voltage to about 110% of the stock voltage and try that :)

Duh..... I guess I should have stated that, and played around with it before I opened my big fingers and typed that....I started to play around with it and I am now getting this....Also if anyone gets a southbridge cooler worked up let me see some pics of it, My poor south bridge is smokin!!!!! :flames: I installed an old 133 fan on my northbridge so I hope that is enough to cool it, still using the stock Epox HS tho, I have a Blu Orb around here someplace anyone think it will do a better job of cooling the Northbridge?

haha there ya go :D :p

KEEP SQUEEZING IT!!! :D

Well, My 8RGA+ should be here tommorow, BUT, i dont got a small HD for my pcchips system, si I'll be offline for a day or two :cry:

Also Cheez, Ill LYK how my NB cooler fares, and im gonna try to whip up something for the SB sometime

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information