Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Just overclocked, temps questionable

Hey guys, i just overclocked my P4 2.4Ghz to 2.7Ghz and i noticed my case temp which used to idle at 34C is now idling at 37. When i run torture test (Asus P4PE mobo btw in antec case with 4 fans 2 in 2 out and stock heatsink) the temp goes to a high of 52 (today was abnormally hot) but when running a game like diablo 2 the temps hit 57C. My fan speed is a mere 2250 rpm and they are nice quality 80mm Antec fans which run silent, but i realize that is REALLY low rpm. The asus utility only allows me to adjust the threshold, and in bios i can only view/ignore fan speed, so what do i do to raise fan speeds and drop load temp to below 52? I must say there is a good chance the heat difference is attributed to the weather and not the clock... but i wanna be safe.

are you sure thats your case temp at 54C? thats really hot for a case. That sounds a lot more like you CPU temp. what are your CPU temps?

With any standard UNEEC clone case (such as Antec, Chieftec, Enermax, etc, etc,...) ya really need to add a side intake fan over the PCI slot region (a common "dead zone" especially with an overclocked system) as with the standard setup ya'll have negative pressure inside due to the PSU fan/s and ya really want a slight positive pressure.

Heh, sorry bout the type i was tired, i have a side fan on case and that was cpu temp... i had just spent 7 hours reading stuff on networking and etc. so that post was ripe with inadequacies in info and such. The temps are lower, under load it's now about 53/54 which would suggest 58 was related to the temp rising outside.

Thread Information