Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ? about reservoir and filling the system

I'm setting up a water cooling rig with a Maze3 on the CPU and another WB on the NB. I have a bay-res all ready to be used, but now I'm trying to decide if I really need it, or want it. Sure, it will look cool when I hook up the UV cathode and have the UV red-dye flowing, but is it REALLY neccesary?

Also, if I do not go with a reservoir, how would I fill the system. I have the the pump on the inside and then the input and output tubes go out the back through a couple of holes I dremeled to a BlackIce Xtreme II rad. I'm new to this, so I was wondering if I can just slide a t-connector in somewhere by the rad to fill up the lines. The rad, without the reservoir, is the highest piece of equipment in the loop, so I figure the xtra can be bled out at the t-conector also? is this correct thinking?

Ya'll need to have a bleed valve to get rid of air bubbles but I'd rather an external reservoir so that the system will hold 2-3 litres of coolant so that heat can be disapated better.

have you seen those self enclosed WC heatsinks? THey dont get good reviews because not enough water in the system. So after a while the water isnt even cooling anymore. When you take away the Reservoir you get the same effect.

Also you could look into the pump/reservoir combo that Xoxide (i think) had for sale. Its not greatest solution, but better than no reservoir at all.

Okay, I am now convinced that having the small bay-res or NO reservoir at all is simply a baaadddd idea. Now that that has been solved, I need to find a good res for outside the case. I guess I could always use a 1 gallon milk carton (NOT!). But what I am really thinking about is using an extra 10 Gallon fish tank that I have laying around. Since I am now moving up to this huge reservoir, I am considering moving up to a much larger pump. I have all kinds of fish pumps layng around (My wife and I have a rather LARGE collection of tanks and fish). The pumps can move any amount of water from 50 G. an hour, up to 500 (or more) G. an hour.

What kind of pressure, or rather g/h do you think the maze 3 WB can handle? It seems I have just totally changed the way I am going to do the cooling on this rig. Am I correct in assuming that the faster the flow, the more effective the cooling effect will be? Anybody have an opinion on this slight change in plans?

I'd recommend ya go for an Elheim 1250 due to their reliability and capacity.

Thread Information